+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2286723;
    Well, this isn't good news at all. I hope she realizes how much fans need her to finish out the series.

TV Guide Community: Vanishing Act: Harry Potter Star Nixes Final Films

Vanishing Act: Harry Potter Star Nixes Final Films

Emma Watson is refusing to sign on for the final two Harry Potter films and according to online reports will hold to that decision, even if producers were to jack up the 16-year-old's pay to 2 million (roughly $3.8 mil) a picture. "Emma doesn't want to do it anymore. She's tired of being known as 'that girl from Harry Potter,'" Rupert Grint, aka that redheaded kid from Harry Potter, tells the U.K.'s News of the World. "Daniel [Radcliffe] and I are distant from her now. We don't text or talk to her when we are not filming."

In a statement issued Monday morning, a Warner Bros. rep says, "We're extremely confident that Emma will be back for films 6 and 7" or else they'll get themselves a Gyllenhaal.
    Ah, a bid for more money from the producers.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

is this movie playing on the movies right now or not yet?

Good Riddence!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2286723;
    Well, this isn't good news at all. I hope she realizes how much fans need her to finish out the series.

TV Guide Community: Vanishing Act: Harry Potter Star Nixes Final Films

Vanishing Act: Harry Potter Star Nixes Final Films

Emma Watson is refusing to sign on for the final two Harry Potter films and according to online reports will hold to that decision, even if producers were to jack up the 16-year-old's pay to 2 million (roughly $3.8 mil) a picture. "Emma doesn't want to do it anymore. She's tired of being known as 'that girl from Harry Potter,'" Rupert Grint, aka that redheaded kid from Harry Potter, tells the U.K.'s News of the World. "Daniel [Radcliffe] and I are distant from her now. We don't text or talk to her when we are not filming."

In a statement issued Monday morning, a Warner Bros. rep says, "We're extremely confident that Emma will be back for films 6 and 7" or else they'll get themselves a Gyllenhaal.
    I hope I'm not the only one who is glad to hear this news! Emma Watson has always been, for me, the weak link in the "Potter" casting. Unlike, Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint (except for a tendency to mumble at times) who have improved their acting with each film, she has actually gotten worse. In the first film, she only delivered a few of her lines with that annoying snappy tone and jerk of her head. In the last installment, "Goblet of Fire", she delivered almost every line with that little snap. If you don't know what I'm talking about watch the scene where Fred and George try to "fool" the Goblet and put their names into it, and she says "it won't wor-ork" or the numerous times she says "Ronald" with that snappy tone. I realize that Hermione is supposed to be a "know-it-all" but there has to be another way to convey that attitude without delivering dialogue with a snappy mean tone! Her not signing on will give JK and and the casting directors a chance to find an actress with real skills and talent who can make Hermione more likeable and less of a one-dimensional character. The girl (don't know her name) who played Wendy in the latest film version of Peter Pan would have been a perfect Hermione right down to the big front teeth! However, I'm sure this is just a ploy to get more publicity and Emma Watson will eventually sign on to do the last two films, unfortunately for us. I'm still looking forward to OTP film, though, cause that's my favorite of the books because it has lots of humor and action!

I hope I'm not ruining anyone's happiness, but I have recently read that all 3 will be back. It was confirmed/announced by the WB group. I honestly don't think the series would be the same without all of them. And it's nice to see that there will be a high degree of character congruence in the final films. Not many series-movies can say the same.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    I agree CA. I'm really happy that the majority of the cast has remained the same throught the movies. It would be weird to have someone different playing Hermione.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Re: Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix

I Want To See This

I think Emma's signed on now. I hoped she wouldn't leave!!! I don't know what I would have done without her! I think I would do almost anything for 3.8 million dollars, too!
    You've heard of theater in the round? Well, you're looking at the man who invented theater in the square! Nobody had a good seat!"

-The Producers

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;2295854;
    I agree CA. I'm really happy that the majority of the cast has remained the same throught the movies. It would be weird to have someone different playing Hermione.
    I agree. It wouldn't be the same if there was a different actress playing Hermione, or a different actor playing Ron or whatever. I like that we've gotten to see the same faces over the course of the Harry Potter films.
    That said, I can understand the frustration with people only seeing/thinking of you as being the actress who played Hermione in Harry Potter. But she's young and there are plenty of roles in the future that she can take to distinguish herself from Hermione and to prove her acting abilities. And even if, at the end of her career, she is still best known as having been part of the Harry Potter movies ...well, that's not such a bad thing. A lot of people would love to have been/be in her position.
    Last edited by CCL; 04-23-2007 at 02:25 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Good point CCL. There are much worse movies to be known for. Harry Potter is a great series and I'm glad it'll remain so till the end.

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic

The new international trailer for Order of the Phoenix is now online!

News: International 'Phoenix' trailer now online

+ Reply to Thread