+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who would love to see a Hermione/Harry hookup even though I know it's doubtful.
    I'd love it, too, because I think they are intellectually better matched than the Hermione/Ron thing they've got going now. I'm betting Harry winds up with Ron's little sister, who was so goggle-eyed over him early on.

Bonham Carter joins 'Harry Potter' cast

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Helena Bonham Carter has signed on to play fanatically evil Lord Voldemort devotee Bellatrix Lestrange in the next "Harry Potter" film.

The Oscar nominee joins incoming composer Nicholas Hooper, who will create the score for "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," the fifth film adaptation of author J.K. Rowling's epic series, according to a statement released Wednesday by Warner Bros.

Directed by Hooper's longtime collaborator David Yates, the movie also includes newcomers Imelda Staunton as frumpy Dolores Umbridge and Evanna Lynch as Luna "Loony" Lovegood.

Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson return as teen wizards Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger.

"It's going to be a really cool cast," said Carter's publicist Jay Waterman.

Carter's film credits include 2005's "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and 1997's "The Wings of the Dove," for which she received a best actress Oscar nomination.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Find this article at:
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movi....ap/index.html
    I think she'll be excellent as Bellatrix.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Heck, I'm chomping at the bit as it is. LoL! After reading 6 of the 7 Potter books this summer, I've gone back to watch any of the first four movies simply to see what was edited for my own curiosity.

*With a string of impressive credentials under her belt, it's good to hear Carter is set to portray Bellatrix.

http://www.etonline.com/movies/news/37241/index.html

Photos from 'The Order of the Phoenix' are out!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Faster than a speeding Firebolt, the first official pictures from the new Harry Potter movie, 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix,' are sending ripples across the Internet today.

The fifth movie, based on the best-selling book series, is currently shooting in England and finds the heroic young wizard dealing with puberty and struggling against Dolores Umbridge, a scheming new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

The new pics, seen above, show actress IMELDA STAUNTON, who plays the oppressive Dolores, confronting Hogwarts Professors Trelawney (EMMA THOMPSON) and McGonagall (MAGGIE SMITH) in a cobblestone courtyard and DANIEL RADCLIFFE, as Harry, brandishing his wand against an unseen enemy.

The movie once again reunites Daniel with his big-screen classmates, EMMA WATSON, now 16, and RUPERT GRINT, 18, and also introduces 15-year-old newcomer EVANNA LYNCH as the eccentric Luna "Looney" Lovegood. It's expected to open in theaters next summer.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS;1984529;
    I'd love it, too, because I think they are intellectually better matched than the Hermione/Ron thing they've got going now. I'm betting Harry winds up with Ron's little sister, who was so goggle-eyed over him early on.
    PWS, have you read the books? If not, you got a piece of The Half Blood Prince dead-on.

I can't wait for this movie. I want them to hurry up with all the movies so they don't change the main actors. I don't think anyone can replace Daniel/Emma/Rupert in their roles. So hurry the movies up, please. How awesome would it be if the 7th book comes out the same year as the movie version.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;2115331;
    PWS, have you read the books? If not, you got a piece of The Half Blood Prince dead-on.

I can't wait for this movie. I want them to hurry up with all the movies so they don't change the main actors. I don't think anyone can replace Daniel/Emma/Rupert in their roles. So hurry the movies up, please. How awesome would it be if the 7th book comes out the same year as the movie version.
    Yup, read 'em all, seen 'em all--my son gives the books to me as soon as they come out, he's the one who got me started on them. But I called the Ron's little sister thing very early on--the Brits just don't "match" people the way we do. They'd think it reasonable to put H with Ron and Harry with the smitten little sister, who at least is wising up a little bit as she's aged as to how to interest Harry. On the plus side that will give Harry a "real" family of all wizards, and make H. his sister-in-law. But sorry, just don't see someone as smart as H. being smitten by Ron, nice as he may be.
    If I may say so, it's a bit like Prince Charles and Diana--zero interests in common, and we can see where that ended up--when clearly he'd have been better off with Camilla from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;1984529;

Finally two people who agree with me and you both said it better than I ever could.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic
    For anyone who needs a Harry Potter fix, a teaser trailer (it's my understanding that it's about a minute and a half long) is attached to the movie "Happy Feet" (which opens tomorrow). There's an IMAX near where I live and I'm going to see "Happy Feet" just to see the HP trailer. I can't wait!

If anyone is interested or wasn't awared of that, the official web site is now up here: http://www.harrypotterorderofthephoenix.com/

Enjoy

I could kiss you Marie Black! Thanks for the update!

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

+ Reply to Thread