+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    I can't get used to the new Dumbledore (although in that case they had to recast) and certainly don't want to have to see a different Sirius. Smells like a money dispute - I hope it can be worked out. Sequels are never as good without the original actors in a role, especially when the fans identify the actors to the characters as much as the HP fans do! And if they ever can't get Alan Rickman as Snape for the remainder of movies, then I might as well not watch them anymore!
    Okay, I just woke up from waving smelling salts under my nose. No Gary Oldman???!!! Just how much $$$ can he be asking for, for crying out loud?! I think that there's something else going on here, for the interviews that I've read concerning Oldman state that he's "over the moon" playing the part, especially with his fellow Brit cronies.

Oh, Sally's NOT going to want to hear about THIS! She lives and breaths HARRY POTTER. She even named her ipod, when you have to register it, RON, after Ron Weasley!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

I just read that Warner Bros did confirm both Gary Oldman and David Thewlis will be back for this film. Also, the Dursleys will be returning!

I really missed not seeing the blow up the chimney in Goblet, so I can't wait to see them again!

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs View Post
    I just read that Warner Bros did confirm both Gary Oldman and David Thewlis will be back for this film. Also, the Dursleys will be returning!

I really missed not seeing the blow up the chimney in Goblet, so I can't wait to see them again!
    Thanks for the good news, kimrs! I understand the recasting of Dumbledore - it was unavoidable - but recasting any other characters would be a mistake.

Geek - I worship in Imelda's general direction too! My favorite will always be Peter's Friends. Lines from that movie have a permanent place in my vocab! I loved that she and Hugh played marrieds in that and Sense and Sensibility and yet, they were completely different relationships (to say the least!).
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs View Post

kimrsI've visited 3 HP sites and NONE of them confirm this. Now I'm sitting on the fence.

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

The Wizardnews says that both he and Thewlis are confirmed. Although, that's far from official.

I would be really surprised if Oldman doesn't return. Shocked. I thought one of JKR's stipulations is that they all had to be British actors and they had to be available for all of the movies.

Sirius is kind of important in the next film.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Phew. I am so glad to hear that Oldman is back for Sirius.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Yah, it just wouldn't seem the same without him!

I don't know if this will get edited out, but I get most of my info from mugglenet and the leaky cauldron. On Feb 7th, the news was that both Oldman and Thewlis were confirmed by the WB, so I don't know. They have been extremely reliable in the past.

I am just hoping that it is true, I HATE when new cast memebers replace old, especially when the originals are avaiable!

From tvguide.com

Warner Bros. has officially announced a release date for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, the fifth entry in the blockbuster film franchise: July 13, 2007

That's a long time to wait!!

It looks like we could be getting Book #7 and Movie #5 around the same time! That is a looong time with no HP fix!

+ Reply to Thread