+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix

Finally got to this... still a pretty full theater where we are, though down to one showing/day. Enjoyed it, but having just read the final book I found it interesting that they made sure to include those charactors that are going to be important in the final book, like the house elf, even if only briefly. Wonder if they had some hints from the author as to who NOT to leave out if some things had to be skimmed over. And yes, I liked Jinny watching Cho and Harry sadly.

I loved Luna, too, but my boyfriend, who had not read book 5 before we saw the movie, really didn't get the character at all, and thought the actress was horrid.
    i didnt like the casting of luna at all...and maybe its because i dont really understand the character either, it just wasn't how i pictured her at all in the book, for one i didnt think she looked geeky enough, but then again, neither do the actors who play harry/hermione, they are way too good looking

but i'm gonna re-read all the books, so maybe my opinion of luna will change i dunno...i did like the hint of harry/luna with the hand holding at the end of the movie lol

ah yes the harry/ginny/cho love triangle angle they played in the movie...loved it

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2546547;
    Finally got to this... still a pretty full theater where we are, though down to one showing/day. Enjoyed it, but having just read the final book I found it interesting that they made sure to include those charactors that are going to be important in the final book, like the house elf, even if only briefly. Wonder if they had some hints from the author as to who NOT to leave out if some things had to be skimmed over. And yes, I liked Jinny watching Cho and Harry sadly.
    Rowling has been very involved in the films. She made it clear that it would be a big mistake to cut out Kreacher (a character they weren't originally going to include in the film). I think I mentioned it before, but that's how I knew that there was no way Sirius was coming back in the final book. Bella killed him with the AK curse. Rowling has made it very clear that nobody comes back from the dead, even in her wizarding world, and she would have had that changed if there was a chance that he had actually survived the fight at the Department of Mysteries.

I saw this movie a few weeks ago. (I haven't been here in a while!) I didn't like it that much. Things happened very fast; I probably wouldn't have been able to follow it if I hadn't read the book. I didn't like that they completely left out Quidditch, which played a pretty big part in the book. I also wanted to see Harry's bad date with Cho. But I understand that it would be impossible to include absolutely everything in a regular-length movie.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

Hey the link seems don't work any more.

I like Harry Potter especially the order of the phoenix.

The Harry Potter books are amazing, but watching the movies almost makes me depressed. They left so much out. There were some parts in the book I would have liked to see in the movie. I actually watched the movie before I read the book and I was so confused. I didn't understand what was happening when Harry was getting those dreams as Lord Voldemort. But I thought the actress who played Umbridge played her perfectly. She's exactly how I imagined her. I can't wait for the next movie!

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic

I was happy with the extras on the "Goblet of Fire" DVD. The extras for "Order of the Phoenix" sound decent as well.

The Leaky Cauldron: Detailed Report on "Order of the Phoenix" DVD Deleted Scenes and Extras

Nick and Joe buddy ThatAintLove's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snickers;2548239;
    i didnt like the casting of luna at all...and maybe its because i dont really understand the character either, it just wasn't how i pictured her at all in the book, for one i didnt think she looked geeky enough, but then again, neither do the actors who play harry/hermione, they are way too good looking

but i'm gonna re-read all the books, so maybe my opinion of luna will change i dunno...i did like the hint of harry/luna with the hand holding at the end of the movie lol

ah yes the harry/ginny/cho love triangle angle they played in the movie...loved it

Luna didn't look what I thought she would look like either. When I first saw who she had been casted as, I was very angry. I imagined her pretty but this awkward pretty cause she's very out there. Having seen her now... its hard to explain.
    "Torture him and make him stay."

+ Reply to Thread