+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Academy Awards

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal View Post
    I canít put my finger on it, but something about Reese bugs me. I think in about two years, her husband is going to pull a Chad Lowe.
    What do you mean by that?

In the list of the MAJOR categories the only film I saw was Cinderella Man. The only ones I plan to see are Crash and A History of Violence. The majority of the films I saw this year were nominated for the arts or sciences awards.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff View Post
    I'm very pleased that Gyllenhaal was nominated.
    It seems as though Ledger is getting all the plaudits for his performance but from what I've heard Gyllenhaal also does a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs View Post
    What do you mean by that?
    Rumor has it that Chad Lowe left Hilary Swank because he is jealous of her success. On an award show, Reese and Ryan were presenters. Reese asked Ryan if she could open the envelope. He remarked, "Go ahead. You make more money than I do anyway". The audience gasped and then laughed. She didn't seemed to think it was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck View Post
    Since Emmylou Harris' song from Brokeback Mountain wasn't even nominated, we could actually see Dolly Parton winning an Oscar for her song from Transamerica. Dolly Parton winning an Oscar? Who would have thunk it?
    Well, she was nominated for an Oscar before for her song, "Nine to Five."

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal View Post
    Rumor has it that Chad Lowe left Hilary Swank because he is jealous of her success. On an award show, Reese and Ryan were presenters. Reese asked Ryan if she could open the envelope. He remarked, "Go ahead. You make more money than I do anyway". The audience gasped and then laughed. She didn't seemed to think it was funny.
    Thanks, I hadn't heard that. I thought he seemed pretty cool with it. She has been bigger than him for at the least 5 years, so I am surprised he would have problems now.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Well, she was nominated for an Oscar before for her song, "Nine to Five."
    You're right...I completely forgot about that!

I'm bummed that Harry Potter didn't win anythig.

YAHOO!
    1. Jon Stewart is hosting the Academy Awards
    2. Capote was filmed in and around Winnipeg, Manitoba
    3. Brokeback Mountain was filmed in and around Calgary, Alberta

Where's a Canadian flag-waving icon when I need one? Nice to see our hard-working film crews recognized.

Premier Ralph Klein thanks Alberta Film Industry:
    January 31, 2006
    http://www.gov.ab.ca/acn/200601/1936...5C4FCDEC7.html

Brokeback Mountain to shine at Oscars
    Alberta film crews building mountains of acclaim

Edmonton... The made-in-Alberta film, Brokeback Mountain has earned eight Academy Award nominations, more than any other film this year. The Oscars, and the other awards heaped on made-in-Alberta films this year, are expected to launch Alberta' s film industry into a new realm.

"Brokeback Mountain bears the reflection of the nearly 600 Albertans who worked on this film," says Economic Development Minister Clint Dunford. "The Alberta Film Commission markets Alberta for its scenic locations, and well-skilled film craftsmen and crew. I commend Alberta's film industry on their dedication and for the quality of work they have provided over the years."

Dan Chugg from the Alberta Film Commission is banking on the publicity. "We have sent out more locations packages this year than ever before. There is no doubt that the Oscar publicity generates business for the province. When (Clint Eastwood's) Unforgiven was nominated for nine Oscars in 1993, Alberta reaped the benefits in tourism and in new shoots."

Hank Williams First Nation, which was shot in Peace River, and feature film Six Figures, filmed in the Calgary area, also earned Genie award nominations.

The Alberta Film Commission (reporting to Alberta Economic Development) markets Alberta as a filming location, assists filmmakers with location information and scouting, and operates as a liaison with facilities, services, businesses and government.

For information on Alberta's film industry visit: www.albertafilm.ca

- 30 -

Editor's Note: Brokeback Mountain has won 63 awards so far, and is nominated for another 24 that have not yet been awarded.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    YAHOO!
    1. Jon Stewart is hosting the Academy Awards
    2. Capote was filmed in and around Winnipeg, Manitoba
    3. Brokeback Mountain was filmed in and around Calgary, Alberta

Where's a Canadian flag-waving icon when I need one?

For my darling misskitty: Here you go, Hon!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty
    Brokeback Mountain to shine at Oscars
    Alberta film crews building mountains of acclaim

Edmonton... The made-in-Alberta film, Brokeback Mountain has earned eight Academy Award nominations, more than any other film this year. The Oscars, and the other awards heaped on made-in-Alberta films this year, are expected to launch Alberta' s film industry into a new realm.

"Brokeback Mountain bears the reflection of the nearly 600 Albertans who worked on this film," says Economic Development Minister Clint Dunford. "The Alberta Film Commission markets Alberta for its scenic locations, and well-skilled film craftsmen and crew. I commend Alberta's film industry on their dedication and for the quality of work they have provided over the years."

Editor's Note: Brokeback Mountain has won 63 awards so far, and is nominated for another 24 that have not yet been awarded.
    I gleefully heard that both the SAG Awards and Academy Awards were labeled as the PINK Awards this year, "pink" being a symbol of Gay Life. With BROKEBACK'S two gay men in love, CAPOTE'S gay writer, and TRANSAMERICA'S trannie-theme, I'm hoping that this helps push into American consciousness that "we're HERE, we're QUEER, and we just want to be accepted and and allowed to marry!"

Nice article link, misskitty-kat!!! ~Lambi~
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Pink? What happened to lavender?

+ Reply to Thread