+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Actor Chris Penn dead

Actor Chris Penn dead

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Actor Chris Penn has died in a Santa Monica residence, with no signs of foul play, a local ABC television affiliate reported on Tuesday.

Penn, 43, was the brother of actor Sean Penn and starred in dozens of films.

He played baby-faced criminal Nice Guy Eddie Cabot in director Quentin Tarantino's "Reservoir Dogs" and starred along with his brother in the 1986 film "At Close Range." He also played Willard Hewitt in "Footloose" in 1984.

Recently, Penn voiced Officer Eddie Pulaski in the video game "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas."

Santa Monica police and the Los Angeles County Coroner were not immediately available for comment.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060125/people_nm/penn_dc
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

shocking! I wonder if his weight had anything to do with it? I remember him in footloose.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Actor Chris Penn found dead

Source: CNN
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movi....penn.obit.ap/

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Actor Chris Penn, brother of Sean Penn, was found dead Tuesday at a condominium near the beach in Santa Monica, police said.

Police said they discovered the 40-year-old actor's body around 4 p.m. Lt. Frank Fabrega said there were no obvious signs of foul play.

Sean Penn's publicist, Mara Buxbaum, issued a statement saying that "the Penn family would appreciate the media's respect of their privacy during this difficult time."

Chris Penn's body was found inside the four-story condominium complex after police were called by someone from within the building, Fabrega said.

An autopsy will be conducted to determine the cause of death, authorities said.

Chris Penn's credits included "Mulholland Falls," "Rumble Fish," "All the Right Moves," "Footloose" and "Rush Hour." He also played Nice Guy Eddie Cabot in the 1992 Quentin Tarantino crime drama "Reservoir Dogs."

His late father, Leo Penn, directed television shows. His mother, Eileen Ryan, is an actress whose credits include "I Am Sam," "Magnolia" and "Parenthood." Another brother is musician Michael Penn.

Chris Penn's latest film, "The Darwin Awards," was scheduled to premiere Wednesday at the Sundance Film Festival.

I'm shocked by this one. Poor guy, I liked his performances better than his famous brother's. I know he'd been heavy for a while, and wonder if that contributed to his death? And they're showing Footloose on HBO right now. Let's hear it for the boy and rest in peace, Chris.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

When I read the title, I thought, "Who is that?". I recognized him as soon as I saw his picture, though. Very sad. I'm guessing his weight probably had something to do with it.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I literally gasped when I saw the news story on Yahoo. Such a loss. It's especially sad when someone so young dies.

He had gained so much weight in the last decade or so. I hardly recognized him in the last movie I saw him in. I wondered if his weight played a factor too, Star.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I just saw him in something and cannot recall what the movie was but, he was climbing down a wall running from the police or whatever and I was thinking, "wow he is so much bigger than his brother". He was over-weight but, still pretty young. I felt bad when I saw that he had passed. Life is short ....
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

Oh no! This is horrible news. He was such a terrific actor - I loved him in Short Cuts and always enjoyed seeing him work. This is incredibly sad. I, too, inevitably thought that maybe his weight might have had something to do with it.

My thoughts are with the Penn family, and I sincerely hope that they will get the respect and privacy they deserve right now.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Rest in Peace and condolences to the family.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Wow...he was only 40? I don't recall him being so overweight that it would affect his health. Guess we'll find out soon what caused it.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Kao
    Is there a comfirmation on cause of death yet?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast