+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Actor Chris Penn dead

Kao
    That's really interesting, because they are able to tell heart attack and strokes with an autopsy, which means that the heart and brain were just fine and not the cause of death. This is looking more and more mysterious.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao View Post
    That's really interesting, because they are able to tell heart attack and strokes with an autopsy, which means that the heart and brain were just fine and not the cause of death. This is looking more and more mysterious.
    It's probably drugs.
    Stop the world! I want to get off!

Young and thriving, I feel infinite. Need I say more?

Quote Originally Posted by Lonelyguy82 View Post
    It's probably drugs.
    Not sure if he was still using at the time of his death but I remember reading somewhere that he had struggled with drugs for many, many years. That is definately probably a factor if not the main reason.

Either way this is very very sad. My thoughts go out to the Penn family.

Isn't this the same guy in the movie Corky Romano?

An added note: I recently sawa rerun of Law & Order Criminal intent where Chris played a chef and he did not look good, when I saw it originally a few months agoI commented to myself that he looked awful. Red, splotchy very very heavy, just not well.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Gabriel, I totally forgot about that L&O episode, but I did see it when it first aired. I remember that, at the time, I kept thinking that I know this guy from something but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Eventually I figured it out and was shocked at his appearance. He looked like a heart attack patient. It is sad to see him go, especially since I greatly preferred his performances to his brother's.

PhoneGrrrl - I actually had to google that episode the first time I saw it, I kept thinking I know him from somewhere, that's how different he looked to me. finally I found an episode guide somewhere and AHA.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Chris Penn's Death Ruled Accidental
    http://et.tv.yahoo.com/newslink/13829/
    February 13, 2006

The L.A. Coroner's office has determined that actor CHRIS PENN died accidentally from an enlarged heart and the effects of a mix of multiple medications.

According to the coroner's statement, the primary cause of death was "nonspecific cardiomyopathy," an oversized heart, with the "effects of multiple medication intake."

"We know he had several prescriptions, including promethazine with codeine, which featured predominantly in his death," said chief coroner investigator CRAIG HARVEY, who explained that promethazine with codeine is known as a highly addictive prescription medication; promethazine is an antihistamine that prevents vomiting; and codeine suppresses coughing and relieves pain.

It is still unknown how much Penn ingested and at what time. A full coroner's report with further details is expected in a few weeks.

The 40-year-old Penn was found dead in his residence in Santa Monica, CA, on Tuesday, Jan. 24. The younger brother of SEAN PENN and star of movies like 'Reservoir Dogs' and 'Starsky & Hutch,' Penn was laid to rest in a private ceremony earlier this month in Los Angeles.

Aww. That's too bad. At least they didn't find out he was a drug addict or something, though.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    Aww. That's too bad. At least they didn't find out he was a drug addict or something, though.
    ?? Sounded like they were saying he might have been addicted to that prescription med, no? If he'd taken enough of it to result in an enlarged heart--that sounds like it would have taken time. Yes, he wasn't shooting up, but you can be addicted to prescription meds as well, if you can find a doc to write the prescriptions--and some, like oxy, you can also get on the "street".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast