+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Actor Chris Penn dead

I don't know if I should link Reuters here...but it says it appears to be a "natural" death. His weight is listed as 270 - that's big but is it *that* big??? (My husband weighs about that, but he's very tall and plays hockey several nights a week.) Maybe he didn't live the healthiest lifestyle?

It's a shame. I really enjoyed his film appearances, particularly in Reservoir Dogs (an all-time favourite of mine). I agree with Texie, I preferred him to Sean as well.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I don't know if I should link Reuters here...but it says it appears to be a "natural" death. His weight is listed as 270 - that's big but is it *that* big??? (My husband weighs about that, but he's very tall and plays hockey several nights a week.) Maybe he didn't live the healthiest lifestyle?

It's a shame. I really enjoyed his film appearances, particularly in Reservoir Dogs (an all-time favourite of mine). I agree with Texie, I preferred him to Sean as well.
    270 is not that big. Natural death merely means the heart just stopped, no heart attack, nothing, just stopped. I hope there was no pain.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I literally gasped when I saw the news story on Yahoo. Such a loss. It's especially sad when someone so young dies.
    I gasped as well. Always enjoyed his work. My thoughts go out to the Penn family.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Kao
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Neighbors said that he had also gained a great deal of weight in a short amount of time. They also said that he was drinking a lot as well. So if he was listed as 270 on Reuters and he gained 50-70 pounds more, that might have something to do with it.

I heard today that he was 310 lbs when weighed by the coroner.

I always enjoyed his work, and felt a little bit of sympathy for him as I knew it couldn't have been easy being always compared to Sean.

Looks like the autopsy turned up nothing. How strange. You know, I'm actually not certain what you can find out with autopsies. Can you tell if someone has had a heart attack or stoke, for example? I guess I'm sort of ignorant about what they can turn up.

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- The cause of actor Chris Penn's death remained undetermined after an autopsy, and the coroner's office has ordered blood toxicology tests.

Penn, the brother of Academy Award-winning actor Sean Penn and musician Michael, was found dead Tuesday in his Santa Monica condominium.

The toxicology test is "just normal procedure for someone who's 40 and has not seen their doctor," coroner's spokeswoman Brenda Shafer said Wednesday.

Penn's latest film, "The Darwin Awards," in which he appears with Winona Ryder and Joseph Fiennes, premiered later in the day at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah.

"He gave an incredible performance in the film," writer-director Finn Taylor said before the screening. "I think he is going to be remembered for years to come and we will miss him."

Chris Penn appeared in numerous films, including "Reservoir Dogs," "Starsky & Hutch," "Rush Hour" and "Corky Romano."

"Corky" star Chris Kattan described Penn's death as "a huge shock."

"He was an amazing actor and a great comedian," Kattan said. "He was such a sweet soul and so funny. He had a really great innocence in his eyes. Of course he'll be terribly missed."

Sean Penn's publicist, Mara Buxbaum, issued a statement Tuesday saying the Penn family "would appreciate the media's respect of their privacy during this difficult time." She released no further comment.

Penn's agent, Cary Berman of the William Morris Agency, referred calls to Buxbaum. Penn's manager, Jonathan Brandstein, did not return a call for comment.

Although he was not as well known as his brother Sean, 45, critics said he often was underrated.

"Just as talented as Sean -- just a lot less cocky," Slate magazine critic Cintra Wilson wrote of him last year. He "makes you seamlessly believe in characters so much you barely even notice them."
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movi....ap/index.html
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Aw, this is so sad.

Star, my dad died in 1967, and his autopsy confirmed it was from a massive heart attack. It also told us he had hardening of the arteries, so I'm guessing they should be able to detect so much more now, which makes this all the more mysterious. Here's hoping the toxicology tests will shed some light on this.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Is it possible just to drop dead?

I'm sure we'll find out more about what caused Chris's death.
    Stop the world! I want to get off!

Young and thriving, I feel infinite. Need I say more?

I'll still always remember him as Willard in "Footloose" and he was scrawny then so when I saw that picture of him, I was shocked that he had gotten so big. Then again look at Rob Reiner. He was skinny skinny on All In The Family and look at him now. Fat and bald. Double threat.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by Lonelyguy82 View Post
    Is it possible just to drop dead?
    Yes, my dad did. He was 43...fine one day, gone the next.
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    I'll still always remember him as Willard in "Footloose" and he was scrawny then so when I saw that picture of him, I was shocked that he had gotten so big.
    I loved him in Footloose, and had no idea at the time he was Sean Penn's brother.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast