+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Magnum P.I. Coming to the Big Screen

Apparently they lasted two weeks, according to this article. Doesn't say why they divorced, but if it was just two weeks, I'd say you're right.

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlf...ndry%20engaged

It's so weird that I posted this thread yesterday because guess who was on Craig Fergueson last night? Tom Selleck! Wow, he can still make my heart go pitter-pat. What a *great* looking man.

There was a young actress that came out after him named Connie Britton. She was blushing and giggling and when she sat down she said, "Tom Selleck just kissed me! He was my first heartthrob!" She could barely talk for the first part of the interview. It was adorable. I guess he has that effect.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

How about Josh Lucas for the role?

I personally find him rugged, handsome and well, yummy.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

If I hadn't read your post about who that was, I'd have sworn it was Matthew McConnaughy sp?)!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    If I hadn't read your post about who that was, I'd have sworn it was Matthew McConnaughy sp?)!
    I wouldn't mind seeing Matthew in the role. He's not dark-haired, but he definitely has everything else going on.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by fluff View Post
    I thought Ali Landry dumped him after only being married for a few weeks because she found out he was having an affair.
    Well, I guess she wasn't so lucky after all! But he's still fun to look at!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I don't know if anyone saw Tom Selleck on The View this morning. He's still looking pretty damn good! I cannot believe he is 61 years old! He could definitely still play Magnum!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Why would they even consider casting anyone other than Tom Selleck? He looks great, sounds great, and I bet he would do it.

COME ON TOM!!! CALL YOUR AGENT!! You're still as sexy as any 30 year old out there - and moreso than most.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post

Why would they even consider casting anyone other than Tom Selleck? He looks great, sounds great, and I bet he would do it.

COME ON TOM!!! CALL YOUR AGENT!! You're still as sexy as any 30 year old out there - and moreso than most.
    Tom while not exactly looking like your average 60 year old is a little bit long in the tooth and I suspect the movie's producers and studio might be worried that they couldn't attract many younger viewers. In a way it would be kind of smart to put a younger guy in the role for 2 reasons: 1. it would more easily allow for sequels if this movie did really well 2. it could possibly pull in both older moviegoers who loved the tv series and younger ones who might like the new young actor but never saw the tv series other than what is on in syndication now. Myself I would probably rather see Selleck and all the gang minus unfortunately Higgins but I could see why they would go with a younger actor.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123