+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Ring - What A Stupid Ending - Spoiler!

That Crazy Red-Head! CopperPenny's Avatar

The Ring - What A Stupid Ending - Spoiler!

Am I missing something or is the ending of the movie really supposed to mean that Samara wants to be heard and as long as you make a copy of the tape you will not be killed?!

Stupid.

Also - even though Samara was freed at the end - she still came out of the well in the video to kill that last dude. It would have been much better if she was coming from wherever she got burried because she was free and all.

Another complaint - She looked about the size of a man as she killed that dude.

Where in the world did the movie come from to begin with and how on earth was Samara concieved?

This movie made me mad.

I was actually enjoying it until the cheesy ending too. I mean - c'mon, if you are going to make the child be evil - at least come up with a better strategy for Naomi Watts having survived.

Having said all of this - this movie was not scarey and I was quite dissapointed in the ending.

Your thoughts?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

You should see the Japanese version then Copperpenny, my friend didn't dare to go near the phone or tv for a month.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

I liked it. Compared to the vast majority of horror movies being made these days it actually did what it set out to do; creep me out!

I agree 100% with raindance that the original was better.
    I don't have low self-esteem. I'm an egomaniac who just happens to be stupid and ugly.

never saw the original, but i just loved this movie. and, i have to agree with zoltan: there are so many "horror" movies out that aren't even remotely scary. this one did what it was supposed to, which was scare the hell out of me (and, even my husband!). they are in the process of making a prequel that will detail how and why the little girl was the way that she was. i, for one, cannot wait.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Cool! We need a prequel!!!. There were so many questions left unaswered about Samara. I liked the movie, though. It wasn't that scary but it had some creepy parts.

I hadn't heard about the prequel.
    That is good news.
    "That's Numberwang!"

here's some bits of one of the articles that i have read about the 2nd one:

Producer Walter Parkes has confirmed plans for a second "Ring" flick set to include Naomi Watts as emotionally troubled reporter Rachel Keller. The sequel may also see the return of director Gore Verbinski and writer Ehren Kruger.

"The Ring" drew heavily from Japan's "Ringu," but the sequel's plot will steer clear of its overseas counterparts.

So what will we see in the American sequel?

"It's gonna be tough because the original sell of the movie was the idea of this haunted video tape," he explained. "Really the movie is much more involved in Rachel following the clues and discovering this girl named Samara, and what's her story? So it's really more the revelation of the mystery of how the tape came to be. Since we've now told that story, we're going to have to go back and create another mystery for the sequel. I don't think the sequel can merely be the story of the videotape going out in the world again, because that will only take you so far."

So the sequel may focus more on Samara, the scary youngster with the long black hair and the vacant stare, than on the tape itself.

"Samara is the thing that lives on," Parkes said. "It might be interesting to explore how she was created in the first place, because we don't know that. We just know that she was adopted. We don't know how she came into this world. One of the things we've talked about is doing a dual point perspective — cutting between how Samara came into this world and what's happening in the present day.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

I don't know if I'd want to watch the prequel. I didn't find the little girl very scarey or all that all interesting. LOL.

I did think that her visions on the tape were neat though - so - erm - maybe I'll rent it.

Originally posted by raindance
    You should see the Japanese version then Copperpenny, my friend didn't dare to go near the phone or tv for a month.
    Does it have the same ending?

Originally posted by CopperPenny
    Does it have the same ending?
    Actrually, no, if i have not forgotten the ending.

The Japanese version is actually all mental. You barely see Sadako. You only hear her but u get to see a little of her in the end.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast