+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Ring - What A Stupid Ending - Spoiler!

I was home sick yesterday and watched this. I LOVED it. I'd forgotten we were late to the cinema and missed the first 15 minutes and it was a loud night there so I missed a lot of it.

I loved it. The DVD though was disapointing.
    nothing good on there for extras.
    Ringu looks like it would be very good too.
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

My fiance and I watched this last night, and we didn't find it all that scary. I found it interesting what with all the scenes and being able to pause it to see the girl and her ex dead with thier faces melted(?). I liked the deleted scenes section, ( at least, I think that's what it was) .
    There has to be something about Samara that we don't know yet. If her reason is for everyone to suffer, then she waited an awful long time to start and with a very unique death mechanism. The twist is that they leave the tape in a video store...? Why not put it and other regular movies in a box and deliver to the local prison. Why kill innocent people ?
    And why just horses? I don't recall any other animals, and there would definetly be some on the farm. But there was no stories of mass suicide of dogs, cats, etc.
    Very interesting movie, but I'm glad I didn't pay for it in the theater.

That Crazy Red-Head! CopperPenny's Avatar
    Originally posted by technomage500
    Very interesting movie, but I'm glad I didn't pay for it in the theater.
    LOL - and I'm glad I went to the $2.00 theater!

Isn't he adorable!:) LrdOfTheRng22's Avatar
    hey..i KNOW this thread hasn't been active for a while..but I recently watch The Ring...and I have some questions/answers!
    Also - even though Samara was freed at the end - she still came out of the well in the video to kill that last dude. It would have been much better if she was coming from wherever she got burried because she was free and all.
    Ok, I think the reason why Samara came out of the TV was because samara put the images on the tape because the TV and VCR in the cabin where located directly over the well...and that was her only way of communication so she could trick someone to get her body out of the well. Remember those kids tried to record a football game on a blank tape... BUT when they tried to play it samara imprinted her experiences ONTO the tape. the kids released her evil by watching it. Then....Rachel SAVES her(oops!) and then she is free from the well and can do her evil things w/o using a tape.
    Anyway..I have some Questions!! Pleeeeaase answer if you know them!!!!
    --- OKAY...on moeski island, the doctor told rachel that the Morgans, after leaving in the winter, came back with a baby girl- Samara. in the "don't look at this" scene, on the dvd, the natives said they were messing with nature....as if they did something unnatural to make anna pregnant. So is this why she is 'evil'???... and her mom killed her because of the hallucinations she was putting into her mind???
    AND..there HAS to be a reason why, when their pictures are taken, their faces are all distorted and messed..?
    And, I assume everyone undertands that the black scratching on the faces of victims is an image of samara's hair over her face, right?
    .....I think the tape is for her to continue her evil...and you must make a copy for her to continue and for you to live.

This movie was interesting...but it leaves more questions than answers.:

I watched it this weekend. It was a lot better than I expected. It had a nice creepy feel, kind of like a horror flick for those who can't stand the gory ones.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Will don't have any fun. madbanana's Avatar
    It was wayyy scarier then in the theatre but i did play a trick on my friend i got my cell phone and i called my house after the video tape played my friend seriously peed herself she was sooo mad at me

Last edited by Zhora; 04-21-2003 at 08:30 PM.
    peace;
    it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart

Jason, Freddy, Michael and Chucky, get ready to rumble. Devilish little well-dwelling gal Samara just may ignite a horror franchise of her own, kicking off with a sequel to the supernatural hit "The Ring."

Producer Walter Parkes has confirmed plans for a second "Ring" flick set to include Naomi Watts as emotionally troubled reporter Rachel Keller. The sequel may also see the return of director Gore Verbinski and writer Ehren Kruger.

Based on a Japanese horror movie, "The Ring" has rung up more than $100 million at the box office. A slow-building mystery centered on a videotape that kills viewers seven days after they watch it, "The Ring" drew heavily from Japan's "Ringu," but the sequel's plot will steer clear of its overseas counterparts.

"In Japan, there is both a sequel and a prequel, as well as a movie that was part of a trilogy that the original novel of 'Ring' was part of," Parkes said. "What was interesting about the original Japanese 'Ring' was that it was a real merging of two different sensibilities, as is our version, I think. It offers the conventions of classic horror genre. It starts with almost a homage to those teen horror movies. But the mystery that it leads you to is rather unanswerable and ambiguous, which is very typical of Japanese film and literature. ... The Japanese prequel and sequel are way over on the Japanese side of things. They're extremely abstract and confusing."

So what will we see in the American sequel?

"It's gonna be tough because the original sell of the movie was the idea of this haunted video tape," he explained. "Really the movie is much more involved in Rachel following the clues and discovering this girl named Samara, and what's her story? So it's really more the revelation of the mystery of how the tape came to be. Since we've now told that story, we're going to have to go back and create another mystery for the sequel. I don't think the sequel can merely be the story of the videotape going out in the world again, because that will only take you so far."

So the sequel may focus more on Samara, the scary youngster with the long black hair and the vacant stare, than on the tape itself.

"Samara is the thing that lives on," Parkes said. "It might be interesting to explore how she was created in the first place, because we don't know that. We just know that she was adopted. We don't know how she came into this world. One of the things we've talked about is doing a dual point perspective ó cutting between how Samara came into this world and what's happening in the present day. The only thing we know [for sure] is that we're going to try to come up with a really good idea."
    peace;
    it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart

Oh my goodness.....I did not put those pictures there....only pictures from the ring(taken out of the movie)...I dont know how those pictures got on there

: : :

peace;

I don't like the ending. My dad hates the entire movie. He rated it a F. I secretly five it a B-. He thinks I gave it a F also.

The entire 'Ring' story was based on a Japanese book series that turned into a movie that inspired the American version of that movie.

I personally liked this movie. The ending was lacking, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast