+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hostel - 1/7

Hostel - 1/7

R 1 hr 35 mins Horror
    From Hollywood.com

Two adventurous American college buddies, Paxton and Josh, backpack through Europe eager to make quintessentially hazy travel memories with new friend Oli, an Icelander they’ve met along the way. Paxton and Josh are eventually lured by a fellow traveler to what’s described as a nirvana for American backpackers--a particular hostel in an out-of-the-way Slovakian town stocked with Eastern European women as desperate as they are gorgeous. The two friends arrive and soon easily pair off with exotic beauties Natalya and Svetlana. In fact, too easily. Initially distracted by the good time they’re having, the two Americans quickly find themselves trapped in an increasingly sinister situation that they will discover is as wide and as deep as the darkest, sickest recess of human nature itself--if they survive.
    Director
    Eli Roth

Cast
    Jay Hernandez - Paxton
    Derek Richardson - Josh
    Barbora Nedeljakova - Natalya
    Jan Vlasak - The Dutch Businessman
    Jennifer Lim - Kana
    Eythor Gudjonsson - Oli
    Jana Kaderabkova - Svetlana
    Lubomir Silhavecky - Alex
    Paula Wild - Monique
    Rick Hoffman - The American Businessman

I believe I'll take a pass on this. While I enjoyed Pulp Fiction and loved Jackie Brown, Quentin looks a little played out to me. So 90's.

I love Quentin Tarantino's movie and I love gory and disgusting movie. .

Quote Originally Posted by LiVvV View Post
    I love Quentin Tarantino's movie and I love gory and disgusting movie. .
    Me too. I am so there this weekend.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I guess though QT really didn't have anything to do with it. He's just "lending" his name to it, so that the producer/director Eli Roth stands a better chance. Either way, count me out on seeing this. Way too gory for me.

I saw this movie tonight and I like it . I think it has a good storyline, but not enough gory stuff.

Definitely not a Tarantino movie, it's all Eli Roth, who's style I like. Loved how the first half of the movie isn't even violent, it's all plot (and sex ). This isn't a horror movie you should bring a kid to, that's for sure. I can't wait to get my hands on the uncensored version, since the theatre release is chopped to bits.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I got the chance to sneak into Hostel today with my friends, and I completely regret it. First of all, I understand why it's rated R. The first hour was way too graphic, there was full nudity of females several times, and so that was a bit disturbing at times. But the rest, gosh, it was so disgusting. The torture, unbelievable. You saw people's legs get cut off, fingers get cut off, eye poked out, feet cut up, suicide, people getting run over by cars, it was crazy. The weapons used ranged from scissors, drills, knives, chainsaws, etc. I'm seriously gonna have nightmares for months.

I can't wait to see this movie. Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to wait until it comes out on DVD because I know my husband won't see it and there's no way I'm seeing it alone and I know none of my friends will go with me to see it so I'm stuck waiting until it comes to video.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I had to drag my bf to this movie yesterday (he doesn't like gory movies)...I thought he was going to leave, he was so grossed out. The first half was all sex and the last was all gore and torture. Pretty damn sick, but I liked it.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast