+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trivia Help!

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

Trivia Help!

Usually I know most of the answers about movies, but my SIL has me stumped on these two.

What is Rocky Balboa's real name?

The other is more involved. It's a movie where the star thinks he's dying and hires a hitman to kill him and then finds out that he's not and tries to cancel the hit. It's a comedy as far as he can remember.

Any help you can give me would be appreciated!!
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

I know Rocky's first name was Robert (boring......)

The second movie sounds so darned familiar. Dang it.

Quote Originally Posted by gracie View Post
    Usually I know most of the answers about movies, but my SIL has me stumped on these two.

The other is more involved. It's a movie where the star thinks he's dying and hires a hitman to kill him and then finds out that he's not and tries to cancel the hit. It's a comedy as far as he can remember.
    There are a few movies with this kind of plot line. One that comes to mind is "The End" with Burt Reynolds as the supposedly dying man and Dom DeLuise as the mental patient he hires to kill him. Could that be the one you're thinking of?

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    There are a few movies with this kind of plot line. One that comes to mind is "The End" with Burt Reynolds as the supposedly dying man and Dom DeLuise as the mental patient he hires to kill him. Could that be the one you're thinking of?
    I thought of one with Dabney Coleman but it's not a hit man movie.

Plot Summary for
    Short Time (1990)
    Nearing retirement, Dabney Coleman finds that he has a disease that will kill him within days. He then finds that his life insurance only pays off if he is killed in the line of duty. In order to leave something to his wife and children, Coleman becomes supercop, ignoring danger and trying his best to get killed.

gracie... my brother was wondering whether you might be thinking of Bulworth with Warren Beatty?

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    gracie... my brother was wondering whether you might be thinking of Bulworth with Warren Beatty?
    That's not the right one. Here is the plot summary for that one: Senator Jay Bulworth is facing speculation-induced financial ruin, so he puts out a contract on his own life in order to collect a large new insurance policy for his family. Living each moment on borrowed time, he suddenly begins spouting raw, unfiltered -- and sometimes offensive in word but satirical in spirit -- thoughts to shocked audiences and handlers. His newfound uninhibitedness and new relationship with Halle Berry carry him on a journey of political and spiritual renewal. I think the first one sounds more like it. With Dom Deluise and Burt Reynolds.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

In Bulworth, he also ends trying to cancel the hit on himself and
    Click to see Spoiler:
    he ends up getting killed anyways
    so it's still pretty similar. I told him the same thing... that WB wasn't ill so it didn't sound the same.

I have seen a movie with this very same plot and it was within the last 5-10 years. It had very over-the-top, physical comedy in it, a la Jim Carrey and Nicholas Cage. This will forever frustrate me now. Heh

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    I thought of The End but SIL says it had more physical comedy like something Jim Carrey would do. It is fustrating to almost see it, but not be able to remember what it is.

Thanks for the Rocky name. SIL said it was something weird for a guy. I'll tell him tomorrow he had it wrong.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

+ Reply to Thread