+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Made for TV Movie - TONIGHT!

Made for TV Movie - TONIGHT!

Apologies if this is in the wrong spot. Didn't know where it went.

Tonight on CBS is the TV movie, The Christmas Blessing. It stars Neil Patrick Harris (Doogie Houser). It is the sequel to The Christmas Shoes which won several awards. It is on 10pm-12pm CBS, 9pm-11pm CITV. You may have to check your local listings for your time zone.

I am excited because the movie was shot up in my home town here in Canada. They did the outdoor house snow scenes 3 houses down from my home this August! Yes in August. We had big trailers, sound booms, lights, camera action! It was way cool. The inside shots of the father's house was 2 houses down, and also included the hospital room scenes. The hospital is where I was born. The father's house was shot in the house right next door. The rest of the film was shot in various locations around the City.

We have many movies being made here in the province. Brad and Angelina were in for Jesse James this summer as well.

Let me know if you watch it and what you thought. There is a third movie in the works for next year.

Thank you

Last edited by misskitty; 12-18-2005 at 08:16 PM.

I watched this movie and loved it. To be honest I watch anything with Doogie Howser in it.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Aw, Doogie Howser. Talk about a trip down memory lane. I'm crazy for all movies with a Christmas theme and, lately, I've been slightly obsessed with everything Canadian as well. (Such beautiful scenery - it reminds me of certain places in Sweden, except there's a wild streak to it that we don't really get around here. I blame authors Giles Blunt, Mary Lawson and - of course - Margaret Atwood for my current Canada obsession.) Anyway, it sounds like something I'd like to see. Perhaps if I'm lucky, it will air on Swedish television eventually.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Neil Patrick Harris playing a young doctor in the Christmas Blessing ... sounds like he's keeping the Doogie connection alive and well.

I was really paying attention to the houses just because misskitty might have been peering from a curtain nearby. How cool it musta' been to have NPH and Rob Lowe filming right by your own home! Did you get into a cameo bkgd/crowd shot, misskitty?

Quote Originally Posted by getreal View Post

Did you get into a cameo bkgd/crowd shot, misskitty?
    Actually, I did get on the local news as their crew were interviewing the actors and producers and the snow-making on the front lawn. I was caught in a shot of locals watching the filming from behind, and also facing the camera behind one of the producers.

So, now I guess I'M A STAR!!!

I also got some pics of the site and one of NPH smoking a cigarette in his producers chair while waiting for the next scene. If he's playing a doctor, he shouldn't be smoking!

I also got to feel the fake snow: it's made of wet tissue paper. When NPH is driving down a bumpy snowy road, they are making the truck rock by sticking a 2x4 under the bumper and bouncing on it. Then there's a huge light that they pass a big stick past so it looks like he is driving past traffic lights. It's amazing what you can learn by just watching. Too much fun.

+ Reply to Thread