+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Date Movie

FORT Fanatic

Date Movie

Date Movie is a 2006 spoof of romantic comedies. It stars Alyson Hannigan, Adam Campbell, Eddie Griffin, and Fred Willard.

Cast
    Alyson Hannigan .... Julia
    Nadia Dina Ariqat .... Britney
    Matt Austin .... Fireman
    Nina Avetisova .... Bachelorgirl
    Bridget Ann Brno .... Bridget Jones
    Adam Campbell .... Grant
    Jennifer Coolidge
    Carmen Electra
    Andrea Ferrell
    Tom Fitzpatrick .... Gandalf
    Judah Friedlander .... Nicky
    Eddie Griffin .... Frank Jones
    Gianfranco L'Amore .... Native King Kong
    Marie Matiko .... Betty
    Sophie Monk .... Andy
    Edward Moss .... Michael Jackson
    Mauricio Sanchez .... Eduardo
    Meera Simhan .... Linda
    Nick Steele .... Kevin
    Fred Willard

Poster Pic/Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_Movie

I just saw the preview for this and I thought it looked incredibly lame and unfunny. And no, I'm not one of those people that think these movies are stupid, I enjoyed Scary Movie and really loved Not Another Teen Movie (Hell, I even found Scary Movie 2 slightly entertaining). But this just seemed like they were spoofing stuff just for the sake of having it in their movie when they should be spoofing things to be funny. Did I miss something or what is funny about having Napoleon have a "Don't Vote For Pedro" shirt on? Or having a wedding planner have a huge butt? <--I know that's a J-Lo joke, but that joke was fresh back in 1999 when Chris Rock first made it.

I was very, very unimpressed to say the least, which bums me out cause making fun of date movies could be really really funny.

Saw this movie last weekend with my 16 year old son, and his girlfriend. All three of us agreed that this was THE lamest movie and a complete waste of time and money. Nothing redeeming whatsoever, and I cannot recall anything that was funny. Bad. Just bad...

Fort Member
    My teenage sons girlfriend won a gold movie pass which give her and a friend free movies for a year at our local cinema. They take full advantage of this and see at least two movies a week. They will watch anything and usually like this kind of movie. I dont think I have ever seen him bag a movie before and they have seen, what I consider and what the critics have deemed some really crappy movies yet still enjoyed them. This one they bagged, they hated it, so it must be really, really, really BAD

I'm disappointed to see such poor reviews, I love Ally Hannigan and enjoyed the Scary Movie spoofs. I guess I should thank you guys for keeping me from wasting my time, though.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I thought this thread was about movies that'd be good date movies, as in movies to see while on a date...
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    I thought this thread was about movies that'd be good date movies, as in movies to see while on a date...
    That would be the Brokeback Mountain thread! Seriously it's the only really romantic movie I see out there these days! Everything else is sophomoric comedies or shoot 'em ups.

+ Reply to Thread