+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Family Stone - 12/16

The Family Stone - 12/16

PG-13 1 hr 42 mins Romantic Comedy, Family

From Hollywood.com

The Stones, a New England family, have their annual holiday gathering. The eldest son brings his girlfriend home to meet his parents, brothers and sisters. The bohemian Stones greet their visitor--a high-powered, controlling New Yorker--with a mix of awkwardness, confusion and hostility. Before the holiday is over, relationships will unravel while new ones are formed, secrets will be revealed, and the family Stone will come together through its extraordinary capacity for love.
    Director
    Tom Bezucha

Cast
    Dermot Mulroney - Everett Stone
    Diane Keaton - Sybil Stone
    Sarah Jessica Parker - Meredith Morton
    Claire Danes - Julie Morton
    Rachel McAdams - Amy Stone
    Luke Wilson - Ben Stone
    Craig T Nelson - Kelly Stone

CCL
    Bad. Just bad. Horribly, horribly bad.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Bad. Just bad. Horribly, horribly bad.
    I dont know it was a "feel good" movie, yet a little overplayed. I did laugh out loud on several occasions so I consider the money well spent. SJP's role was not too unlike her role in SITC...just a tad more prudish. Overall I would suggest waiting until the DVD comes out...would be a good Sunday night flick at home.

Thanks for saving me $7.50, guys! Good, honest reviews.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

FORT Fanatic
    The only interesting thing about that movie is Rachel McAdams.

Rachel McAdams is so damned cute, but if this movie's a stinker...well my girl-crush will just have to wait til she's in a better film.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

This movie is not very good, I went into it really wanting to like it but I just could'nt. There was way to much stuff going on and it goes from being a comedy to having me cry at the end, I just don't get it. I would wait on this one till it is released to video!

FORT Newbie
    I agree. Wait to see it as a rental. Something just was off about it but its worth a rental.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by yardgnome77 View Post
    There was way to much stuff going on and it goes from being a comedy to having me cry at the end, I just don't get it. I would wait on this one till it is released to video!
    Well said. I went into it expecting a lot more from the casting and although it did make me laugh several times (and close to crying at the end), the story line totally self destructed as soon as Claire Danes stepped off the bus. If it would have stayed close to the comedy theme, instead of the romantic/dramatic, it would have been a lot better.

Although, any good laughs are worth it as far as I am concerned, so I wasn't overly disappointed by it.... there's several memorable laughs in this. Can't clear my throat ever again and not be self-conscious about it.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Hmmm
    I have one girlfriend telling me she was very disappointed in the movie and really didn't enjoy it at all.

My other girlfriend told me she loved the movie and plans on buying it on DVD.

I'm torn. I may go see it.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast