I guess I'm in the minority, but I personally liked it. I'm not saying it's the best of the best or anything, but it wasn't god awful, IMO. There're just plain humorous parts in the beginning, and it effectively hits the right comic note a lot of the time in really nuanced, subtle ways. Plus, I loved the majority of the cast, which includes some of my favorites such as Rachel McAdams, SJP (she got nominated for a Golden Globe for her performance in it), and Luke Wilson. With all that said, I will say that there's an overall uneven-ness to the movie... and I think it did try a little too hard to span into "You'll laugh, you'll cry" territory... also, I felt as though it was entirely too predictable...

But still, the audience I was with laughed a lot, and there was the occasional sniffle... I think it's the type of movie where seeing it with a group of people will sometimes make a difference... My friends and I actually got into a long discussion about SJP's dinner table comment... Overall, I'd say B-/C+ ...I thought it was worth watching... and I've seen a lot worse.