+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aeon Flux - 12/2

Aeon Flux - 12/2

I saw this movie tonight with a friend and was pleasantly suprised. The acting was good, the story kept moving, the effects were sweet. Overally a highly enjoyable.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

That's good to know. I love action movies, particularly those with a female kicking butt!
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Sorry, I thought it stank. Charlize Theron gave the worst performance of her life, the story was badly written and edited even worse, and the future was represented mostly by the fact that people wore funny hairstyles and hats, rather than differences which seemed more logical and organic.

I won't cut on the premise (which I'd have to spoil for anyway), because I was willing to suspend disbelief for the animated version just fine. But in this version, it's badly explained, with bad exposition techniques and glaring logic loops exposed in the raw.

Hey, not to mention that I just noticed how TOTALLY LYING the TV commercials are. They call her "the government's best assassin", when if fact the reverse is kind of true (since this is revealed very early in the movie I'm not really spoiling much).

The action scenes and effects are okay. Not great, but okay.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

It made me want to jump on a building or something haha. i loved it..

Krom - You can be glad you didn't see the original cut that was to be released as it was much worse than the final version.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread