+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jennifer Garner gives birth

Jennifer Garner gives birth

http://cbsnews.com/stories/2005/12/02/ap/entertainment/mainD8E7RH5GG.shtml

Garner, Affleck Have Baby Girl

NEW YORK, Dec. 2, 2005

(AP) Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck welcomed a baby girl into the world Thursday. Representatives for both actors confirmed the birth to The Associated Press. Their publicists, Ken Sunshine and Nicole King, said the child was born at 6:26 p.m. (EST) Thursday.

"Mother, father and baby are doing great," Sunshine and King confirmed. They would not give any other details.

It is the first child for Garner, 33, and Affleck, 33, who were married in June.

The confirmation came after several media outlets reported the baby's birth _ hours before the time of birth supplied by Sunshine and King. Us Weekly reported the baby was born sometime prior to 2 p.m. (EST), and E! News said the couple had named her Violet.

Affleck co-starred with Garner in 2003's "Daredevil," her first big movie role, but they didn't begin dating until last year.

Garner was previously married to actor Scott Foley. They were divorced in March 2004 after 3 1/2 years of marriage. Affleck and Jennifer Lopez called off their September 2003 wedding and broke off their engagement in January 2004.

Affleck will star as George Reeves, television's Superman, in the upcoming movie "Truth, Justice, and the American Way."

It was announced last month that Garner's ABC series, "Alias," will end its five-year run in May. Her pregnancy was written into "Alias" for her character, a globe-trotting spy.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Now that is just spooky. I was just thinking about her all day yesterday wondering "it has to be any minute now", and the magazine I picked up had an article on her...

I must have been having mommy vibes.

Yaaay! for those two! They will be fun parents.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Violet Affleck just has a weird ring to it.. meh. But that baby is going to be absolutely adorable. I hope she has her mommy's dimples.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Violet...reminds me of the girl from Willy Wonka.
    "Violet...you're...VIOLET!!"

Good for them - I wish them all the best.

That's sure to be one cute little girl. Congrats to them!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

straight guy, not a girl i love kahlen's Avatar
    Congrats to them!!! Violet is a cool name i guess. Well, i love jennifer garner so its all good

I missed that about the name.

yuck.

That sounds horrible together, maybe it will be Violet Garner-Affleck...or whatever

not that that's much better
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Violet Garner-Affleck. Oh well, it's better than Gwyneth naming her child Apple.

I wish I had a copy of Freakonomics. It was on the NYT best seller list a few months ago, and among other things it had a list of baby names with a predictor of how much education the parents had to name their child a certain name. Oddly enough it was completely accurate with my own education, as both my children's names were more popular with parents who had at least 14 years of education.

I wonder what it would say about someone who names their child Violet.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Congrats to them! Violet is definitely not the best name I've heard, but certainly not the worst (coco...apple....scout....rumo r!)

Ana .... I can still hear that line in the movie....Violet...you're VIolet, Violet! LOL!!!

+ Reply to Thread