+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey announce separation

Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey announce separation

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Musi...son.lachey.ap/
    Simpson, Lachey 'part ways'
    Celebrity singers have been married for 3 years

Thursday, November 24, 2005; Posted: 8:03 a.m. EST (13:03 GMT)

The couple announced their separation Wednesday.

"After three years of marriage, and careful thought and consideration, we have decided to part ways," they said in a joint statement released by their publicists. "This is the mutual decision of two people with an enormous amount of respect and admiration for each other."

Calls seeking further comment from publicists Meredith O' Sullivan and Rob Shuter were not immediately returned early Thursday.

The couple have been dogged by rumors that their marriage was in trouble -- Us Weekly reported that they split in an Oct. 17 issue -- but Simpson, 25, and Lachey, 32, brushed the speculation aside and insisted they were still together.

In the December-January issue of Teen People, which went on newsstands earlier this month, Simpson denied rumors that the marriage was kaput.

"Hopefully mine and Nick's story will continue for the rest of our lives, like what we vowed, through sickness and in health," said Simpson, who famously professed that she remained a virgin until she got married.

The couple wed in October 2002, back when they were known simply as pop singers. But Simpson hadn't achieved the multiplatinum successes of peers Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera, while Lachey was a member of the boy band 98 Degrees, which sold far fewer albums than such acts as 'N Sync and Backstreet Boys.

The couple's reality show, "Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica," which chronicled their daily lives in a new California home, turned them into stars. The show, which ran for three seasons, made Simpson infamous for her dippy-blonde moments, including the time she confused the tuna she was eating for chicken, or when she eschewed Buffalo wings because "I don't eat buffalo."

Simpson's star status has begun to outshine Lachey's. She played Daisy Duke in this summer's hit movie "The Dukes of Hazzard," and she endorses "Dessert," a beauty line that includes flavored body creams. Lachey, whose solo album has had disappointing sales, appeared in some episodes of the sitcom "Charmed."

Besides appearing in "Newlyweds," the couple entertained U.S. troops earlier this year in the ABC special "Nick & Jessica's Tour of Duty," and last year they hosted the ABC variety special "Nick & Jessica's Family Christmas." A coffee table book, "Jessica Simpson I Do: Achieving Your Dream Wedding," also was released last year.

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
    No big surprise here. At least now the specualation can stop.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I read that this morning, too... and thought it was remarkable that they had continued the sham for as long as they had. I do feel sorry that celebrities have to try to work through their issues in public, however.

And just yesterday Star was reporting that Jessica was pregnant.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I always hate to see a marriage end.

Not a big surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana
    I always hate to see a marriage end.

Not a big surprise.
    Exactly what I was coming in to say, Ana. It's a shame, really, but they had two strikes against them from the beginning, since Jessica was so immature and Nick's feelings were continually being hurt by his wife being more successful than him.

I have a feeling the tabloids have been right all along about their marriage being a sham.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    I know that there have been stories about Jessica fighting with her manager/father - nothing like a little extra stress. Just a bad situation all around.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    It's a shame, really, but they had two strikes against them from the beginning, since Jessica was so immature and Nick's feelings were continually being hurt by his wife being more successful than him.
    I wonder if Nick wasn't more hurt because of the place Jessica's father (not her career) took in their relationship. Apparently, her father was always there with them: shows, interviews, anniversaries, even vacations. I don't know any man that would appreciate being put in second, after the father-in-law.

As an aside, I always found that father-daughter relationship bizarre, almost incestuous.

I find it sad it didn't work out. They seemed like nice people.

I saw that on MTV earlier! I was sooo upset...i thought they were such a cute couple.... boohoo

Nick & Jessica:They're So Over

I'm SO torn up about this. I just don't know how I can keep going. Nick & Jessica were bigger than Jack & Jackie. I thought their marriage was perfect.

Simpson, Lachey Officially Separate By SOLVEJ SCHOU, Associated Press Writer
    Thu Nov 24, 6:35 AM ET

Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey, who turned mid-level music careers into Hollywood superstardom by celebrating their marriage in an MTV reality show and television specials, are calling it quits after months of persistent breakup rumors.

The couple announced their separation Wednesday.

"After three years of marriage, and careful thought and consideration, we have decided to part ways," they said in a joint statement released by their publicists. "This is the mutual decision of two people with an enormous amount of respect and admiration for each other."

Calls seeking further comment from publicists Meredith O' Sullivan and Rob Shuter were not immediately returned early Thursday.

The couple have been dogged by rumors that their marriage was in trouble Us Weekly reported that they split in an Oct. 17 issue but Simpson, 25, and Lachey, 32, brushed the speculation aside and insisted they were still together.

In the December-January issue of Teen People, which went on newsstands earlier this month, Simpson denied rumors that the marriage was kaput.

"Hopefully mine and Nick's story will continue for the rest of our lives, like what we vowed, through sickness and in health," said Simpson, who famously professed that she remained a virgin until she got married.

The couple wed in October 2002, back when they were known simply as pop singers. But Simpson hadn't achieved the multiplatinum successes of peers Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera, while Lachey was a member of the boy band 98 Degrees, which sold far fewer albums than such acts as 'N Sync and Backstreet Boys.

The couple's reality show, "Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica," which chronicled their daily lives in a new California home, turned them into stars. The show, which ran for three seasons, made Simpson infamous for her dippy-blonde moments, including the time she confused the tuna she was eating for chicken, or when she eschewed Buffalo wings because "I don't eat buffalo."

Simpson's star status has begun to outshine Lachey's. She played Daisy Duke in this summer's hit movie "The Dukes of Hazzard," and she endorses "Dessert," a beauty line that includes flavored body creams. Lachey, whose solo album has had disappointing sales, appeared in some episodes of the sitcom "Charmed."

Besides appearing in "Newlyweds," the couple entertained U.S. troops earlier this year in the ABC special "Nick & Jessica's Tour of Duty," and last year they hosted the ABC variety special "Nick & Jessica's Family Christmas." A coffee table book, "Jessica Simpson I Do: Achieving Your Dream Wedding," also was released last year.

AP
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose
    I wonder if Nick wasn't more hurt because of the place Jessica's father (not her career) took in their relationship. Apparently, her father was always there with them: shows, interviews, anniversaries, even vacations. I don't know any man that would appreciate being put in second, after the father-in-law.

As an aside, I always found that father-daughter relationship bizarre, almost incestuous.

I find it sad it didn't work out. They seemed like nice people.
    Totally agree with you, desertrose. She needed to put her husband first. And her father needed to take a big step back and out of her life (at least not in it 24/7). I remember seeing a bit on tv where she was filming a video. In it she was making out with Nick and her father was talking about how the two were married now so that they could be sexual and show it to the world and stuff. Eww. What father says that kind of stuff? And what father watches a video being filmed wherein his daughter is making out? Just kind of shady.
    I'm not a big fan of either Jessica or Nick, personally. But it is definitely sad to see their marriage break up. Maybe they'll get back together after a bit of seperation. Who knows?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    WHAT???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast