+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey announce separation

FORT Fanatic
    They were too young when they married. Most young marriages don't last long. They'll learn whent they finally divorce. Doesn't Hollywood ever learn? Look at Chad and Sophia, Paris and Paris, Katie and Chris Kelin (that names reminds me of Calvin Klein), etc,..

FORT Fogey
    She was young when they married but remember he is 7 years older then her. I just think if they never did the show, they would probably still be together now. Fame and money I guess can be a blessing but is it worth losing the things that really matter? I dont know. Not that I know what really broke them up but im just speculating. Im sure the dad didnt help matters since he is ALWAYS around. A separation isnt a divorce so maybe they just need a break to see what to do next and maybe abscense will make the heart grow fonder. Before they got married, she broke up with him for about 5-6 months and they got back together because she saw he was the only guy for her. Look at Charlie Sheen and Denise Richards. Looked like they were getting a divorce and now it seems they are back together.

It's too bad that Jessica lived a pretty sheltered life up until Newlyweds success. I have a feeling if she had gone out and partied and dated more men before she married Nick that their marriage may have worked.

Quote Originally Posted by caramelbeauty81 View Post
    She was young when they married but remember he is 7 years older then her. I just think if they never did the show, they would probably still be together now. Fame and money I guess can be a blessing but is it worth losing the things that really matter? I dont know. Not that I know what really broke them up but im just speculating. Im sure the dad didnt help matters since he is ALWAYS around. A separation isnt a divorce so maybe they just need a break to see what to do next and maybe abscense will make the heart grow fonder. Before they got married, she broke up with him for about 5-6 months and they got back together because she saw he was the only guy for her. Look at Charlie Sheen and Denise Richards. Looked like they were getting a divorce and now it seems they are back together.

I feel like that as well-as if most likely, if they had not done the show, things would be different. I don't know, I for one was really shocked that they announced separation even though all the magazines were saying so. It just seems wierd-I thought they would stay married. She's extremely spoiled but she also seemed sweet on the show and good hearted, silly-for God's sake she saved herself for him! How many girls as pretty as her do that now a days?

I'm guessing he cheated on her-you always saw him at a strip club or gawking at other women. Just a little feeling I have.
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

I'm not suprised in the least. I'm amazed they stayed married as long as they did. I didn't watch much of their show but what I did just made me wonder as to what brought them together in the first place. (frankly I think it was sex. If she wasn't so intent on being a virgin when she got married, I don't think they would have gotten married.)

Of course and then there is the creepy father. ewwww I really dislike him, he is way too involved with his daughters.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

FORT Fanatic
    Does anyone really care? There were these teebage girls who were obsessed with celebs, they literally cried that the couple broke up.

I think it's kind of interesting how Nick was "seen" with a mysterious woman over the weekend as reported by ET.

FORT Regular
    I keep waiting for a couple to make it, and they keep failing... it is so sad! They have no worries and they still manage to create them.

Here's the latest from pagesix.com:

November 30, 2005 -- THE divorce of Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey will get nasty. They were so sure they'd be together forever when they wed in 2002 that they didn't sign a prenuptial agreement. Considering Simpson made the bulk of the couple's assets while they were together, dragging in a cool $35 million last year, she could be paying through the nose. The blond bombshell has hired bulldog divorce lawyer Laura Wasser, who handled Angelina Jolie's divorce from Billy Bob Thornton. According to Us Weekly, Lachey found out Simpson was going to tell the media about their split via her publicist, Rob Shuter. Sweet.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

You know, I think that celebrities live in a whole different world. I think the money changes them, the fame changes them and it seems like Jessica got that deal with the Daisy Dukes movie and something went awry. So, I think they just give up too easily. In the real world, people (well most people I would hope anyway) would want to try to make the marriage work. I'm not saying tha they didn't try-that's not what I mean. Instead, my point is to evaluate the ratio of divorced celebs and the rest of us. America gives up on marriages too fast but celebs give up even faster.
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

+ Reply to Thread