+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey announce separation

Just another Hollywood divorce.
    Stop the world! I want to get off!

Young and thriving, I feel infinite. Need I say more?

Love conquerous all but I guess the EVIL media finally got what they wanted. It's sad that a relationship & working a job to pay the bills is 50/50 but since Jess is flying high (her cosmetic line, movie career & music) and Nick WELL... I dunno. It seems that he is being referred as Mr. Simpson nowdays.

My sister is happy. Now he is free.

yeah, i was so disappointed they called it quits! they were such a cute couple! i just dont get it...

I watched one and a half episodes of their silly show. I'm not sure how much differently their relationship was portrayed in subsequent episodes, but my opinion from what I saw was that she appeared to be vacuous, self-absorbed and lazy, your typical princess, really, and he seemed to be a regular guy who actually did things around the house. As I changed the channel halfway through episode two, I said to myself "I give them six months". Not quite on schedule, but the expected results just the same.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey
    What? Nick and Jessica broke up????

I'm in utter shock.

Maybe the differences were there all along but as long as Newlyweds was on the money kept rolling in and they made money on the differences. Now the money doesn't roll in and all they have are differences of him being a hard worker (in the sense that everything hasn't been handed to him all of his life) and she being spoiled.

Of course it's sad to see a marriage end but after seeing Newlyweds, Ii'm kinda surprised that he put up with her for so long. (Gosh I sound mean, but I wouldn't have put up with her or anyone acting like her).

I must also say this, sometimes when an actor dies after a long term illness, the Staff at Imdb.com (delete if not OK) have prepared a text saying what the actor/actress had done and contributed with to the art of filming. This news was also prepared by the staff there. Weird to me.
    Last edited by femme fatale; 11-25-2005 at 10:16 AM.

Damn, it figures , they try everything to make themselves a success, the got it from Newlyweds and then the tabloids tear them apart. Boo Hoo.

FORT Fanatic
    Are they seperated or divorced? On MSN they said Divorced.

This is not a surprise, when I tuned into Newlweds, they seemed like polar opposites. As someone above mentioned, Nick is your regular guy and Jessica is your lazy princess. Towards the later seasons of Newlyweds, I noticed Nick seemed paranoid with Jessica most of the time.

To be quite honest, they most likely would have divorced earlier, but because of the Newlywed image they held onto it. I'm sure Joe Simpson made that decision.

+ Reply to Thread