+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Rent - 11/23

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Re: Rent - 11/23

I wonder if that's who was in the movie? I'll have to look it up. He had some PIERCING blue eyes. He played a terrific Roger. The thing is, it's always hard to compare because if you get to the caliber of Broadway (no pun intended )you're good - it's just who does what to the character. I was never a fan of celebrities jumping in (Drew Lachey??) I will say again, it better come out on DVD. I played the soundtrack all morning. I'm on a roll

ETA: Roger in the movie was Will Chase
    Last edited by marybethp; 09-26-2008 at 12:44 PM.

*sniff* Oh my... that was great!!! That music will always bring tears to my eyes.

That was pretty fun to see the actress playing Mimi... she used to play on One Life to Live. I know that Renee Elise Goldsberry was originally a Broadway actress, so it was nice to see her in her element.

Will Chase was beautiful, marybeth! I agree with your comment about his eyes.. wow.

One fun thing... the blonde girl in the ensemble (she played Mark's mom) played Maureen in the touring cast last year... at least when they came to Detroit. She has a fabulous voice with the slightly cutesy element to it just like Idina Menzel.

The only thing that disappointed me was that when the original cast came out at the end... it wasn't the entire cast. For some reason I think i remember reading that Idina and Taye couldn't make it, but.... but.....where was Adam Pascal? And who was the bald guy next to Anthony Rapp? (Please don't tell me... ) Loved seeing Wilson Jermaine Heredia and Jesse Martin having such a great time.

*sniff* I might go pop in the movie just to see them all again.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Hey, RENT-lovers

Good news - looks like we'll be able to buy the DVD of the "live on Broadway" movie on Feb, 3rd.

'RENT Filmed Live on Broadway' DVD/Blu-ray Cover Art Revealed
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234