+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rent - 11/23

Just an fyi.... Rent is getting released on February 21. A double-disc special edition is available for pre-order on Amazon for $15.88.

I cannot wait to own this!

I am so very excited for RENT to come out on DVD! Only a couple more days! I completely fell in love with this play and the movie made me even happier about it! Oh man.. I just cannot wait to keep watching it over and over again because the soundtrack has been getting pretty worn out!
    "Remember, it's better to burn out then to fade away."
    -- Kurt Cobain

We had to buy 2 soundtracks so my daughter and I could each have one. We are buying the DVD first thing Tues. and are planning multiple viewings. Love, love, love this movie.
    Count your blessings!

Yay! It's finally on DVD! I bought it today... well... technically by now, yesterday after i got off work. Oh, how i love this movie. All i can say though, this movie is horrible to watch with a very bad cold lol. I could hardly breath from the stuffed up nose and tears in the last half hour.

Forget regret, or life is yours to miss.

I bought the DVD today too. Just a warning, though: the behind the scenes segment on the bonus disc is almost as long as the movie!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Re: Rent - 11/23

So tonight I saw a different film version of Rent. It closed on Broadway on 9/7 and they filmed it and for only 4 days, they are showing the film in theatres. Sony Pictures Releasing - The Hot Ticket So it was actually a 2½ hour movie of the actual broadway show.

It was absolutely fabulous. I saw the show live 4 times and I'm sorry I didn't see it again this year before it closed. The film was so amazing, it was the next best thing to being there. Although I did enjoy the movie version, it's nothing like seeing the show (and now this film).

I hope they release it to DVD because THAT would be one to own.

At the very end, the current cast and the original cast came on stage and sang "Seasons of Love". Awesome.

I saw it last night, marybethp, and thought it was great. I'd love to own it on DVD. I'm completely obsessed with RENT and could never get enough, although I didn't discover it until a few years ago. I saw it twice on Broadway and once on tour in Atlanta. The last time I saw it live was last year in NY with the original Roger and Mark. Fabulous. Those two will be on the tour which starts in January. I'd highly recommend catching it once more if you can. I've seen various Maureens, Mimis, Marks. Most of them have been quite good. However, for me there will always only be one Roger. No one can come close to Adam Paschal, IMO.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave;3205866;
    I saw it last night, marybethp, and thought it was great. I'd love to own it on DVD. I'm completely obsessed with RENT and could never get enough, although I didn't discover it until a few years ago. I saw it twice on Broadway and once on tour in Atlanta. The last time I saw it live was last year in NY with the original Roger and Mark. Fabulous. Those two will be on the tour which starts in January. I'd highly recommend catching it once more if you can. I've seen various Maureens, Mimis, Marks. Most of them have been quite good. However, for me there will always only be one Roger. No one can come close to Adam Paschal, IMO.
    I agree, OTiS, about Adam Pascal! He just brings something different and real to his roles. I also saw him three times as Radames in Aida.. and caught the backup once and, while good, the character authentication/validation was just missing.

I did see one guy do an admirable Roger on last year's tour. He's a Scottish singer named Declan Bennett. Very cute, VERY good voice... but still no Adam.

I was going to go see this on opening night Wednesday... but am going to see it today instead. Can't wait!! (well crud... it's not showing Friday... so it'll have to be tomorrow.) *sigh* I took a half day today, too.
    Last edited by Broadway; 09-26-2008 at 09:17 AM.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

I saw Adam Pascal too and he was great. My favorite Angel that I saw was Wilson Cruz and I LOVED Norbert Leo Butz as Roger. I live outside NYC so I saw it 4 times and kept saying I wanted to see it one more time before it closed. I was so glad they filmed it.

Have fun Broadway! Give us a review. I loved the Maureen and the Mark (even though he had dark hair!) from this film version.

I never chose to go see Rent when I lived in NYC as there was always something that took priority. After having seen the tour I could have kicked myself! One of my bigger regrets from my relatively short time out there.

I neglected to mention that Declan Bennett.. the guy who had been playing Roger on tour last year... was actually the guy that took over the role on Broadway this past year after Adam Pascal and Anthony Rapp's mini-return (in mid winter, wasn't it?) So if anyone had seen it from that time on, they saw him.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast