+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Walk the Line

Walk the Line

From IMBD:

Plot Outline: A chronicle of country music legend Johnny Cash's life, from his early days on an Arkansas cotton farm to his rise to fame with Sun Records in Memphis, where he recorded alongside Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis and Carl Perkins.

User Rating: 8.1/10 (510 votes)

Cast overview, first billed only:
    Joaquin Phoenix .... Johnny Cash
    Reese Witherspoon .... June Carter
    Ginnifer Goodwin .... Vivian Cash
    Robert Patrick .... Ray Cash
    Dallas Roberts .... Sam Phillips
    Dan John Miller .... Luther Perkins
    Larry Bagby .... Marshall Grant
    Shelby Lynne .... Carrie Cash
    Tyler Hilton .... Elvis Presley
    Waylon Payne .... Jerry Lee Lewis (as Waylon Malloy Payne)
    Shooter Jennings .... Waylon Jennings
    Sandra Ellis Lafferty .... Maybelle Carter
    Dan Beene .... Ezra Carter
    Clay Steakley .... W.S. 'Fluke' Holland
    Johnathan Rice .... Roy Orbison
    (more)

MPAA: Rated PG-13 for some language, thematic material and depiction of drug dependency.
    Runtime: 136 min
    Language: English
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Sally and I just saw this in a packed house (all other screens were HP, so this was the over-flow). You know a film is good when the audience stays in their seats after the film and for the film!

Joaquin and Reese...you are my new throbs!!! Brilliant film, even more brilliant soundtrack! Both Sally and I bought the sound track and two other Johnny Cash CD's, of which I'm listening to as I type.

I was also surprised to see "Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis and Waylon Jennings" portrayed in the film; it's nice when the same time lines overlap.

See this film if you like country music, see this film if you like either of the principle actors, see this film if you like to tap your toes....heck, just see this film!

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

I absoulutly LOVE the film! Joaquin and Reese acting and musical performance were excellent! I saw the film alone,while all my friends ditch me and went to go watch Harry Potter. haha =P
    I pray when I'm coming down, you'll be asleep
    If I ever hurt you, your revenge will be so sweet

Mr. SnowMan loves Johnny Cash; I love Joaquin & Reese. I'd like to see this, but I'm probably going to wait for DVD. These days it's a pain in the butt for me to get to the theater for anything but big screen "event" films; this seems like it will play well enough on the small screen.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I love both Joaquin and Reese so I'll def check this one out! I can't believe they actually did the singing themselves! Pretty impressive imo

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

I've heard this is this generation's "Coal Miner's Daughter". I freaking loved that movie, so I have high hopes for this one. I've never been a huge fan of country music, but I'm intrigued by Cash's life story. I can't wait to see it.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Regular
    I would have preferred to have Johnny's vocals, since well, really no one will be as great as him, but this movie looks to be good.

Cannot wait to see it this weekend with my hubby.
    The theater in the little town we live in has it and Harry Potter showing.
    All movies before 6pm - $3.00!!! Free refills on popcorn too!

Quote Originally Posted by Toby
    I love both Joaquin and Reese so I'll def check this one out! I can't believe they actually did the singing themselves! Pretty impressive imo
    We were talking about Joaquin and Reese doing the vocals at a dinner party this past Saturday and one of our guests had an interesting story about Reese. Apparently, when she found out that she had to really sing for the film she wanted OUT OF HER CONTRACT!!! She was adament: she thought they'd voice over or insert June's voice for hers and claimed, to her agent, "That I don't sing, I NEVER sing in films!" However, her contract wouldn't let her out of it and she was forced to do her own vocals.

Later, when they were told that a sound track of her and Joaquin was being produced, she just laughed, saying "they won't be able to give it away!" We had the CD playing during dinner and 4 of our guests liked it so much, they were planning on buying it, even without seeing the film!

Quote Originally Posted by Harisso
    I would have preferred to have Johnny's vocals, since well, really no one will be as great as him, but this movie looks to be good.
    Oh, I'm so glad they didn't lip sync to Johnny Cash...I hate that, with an unholy passion!!!!! That would be like filming a movie about Ginger Roger's and when it comes to the dancing scenes, they splice in old footage of her, wailing away on the dance floor! I can seperate actors from reality, and although Joaquin is NOT Johnny Cash, I enjoyed seeing someone else sing them in his style. No Milli Vanilli for me (or Ashley Simpson!)

I liked the movie but it wasn't AMAZING like I heard. I think I would have rather the movie focused on his relationships with people like Elvis and Jerry Lee, etc. That would have been interesting to know.

The movie was more like a love story (which is fine), but I wasn't a country fan and I didn't follow either of these two so it could have been about anybody.

Now my MOM, L O V E D it. She grew up to his songs and thought the movie was awesome.

I do think Joaquin did a great job and we will see him at the Oscars (hubba hubba).
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast