+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Walk the Line

I saw this movie over Thanksgiving break, it was wonderful! I have always liked Johnny Cash's music but I was not familiar with his back story. Joaquin and Reese were both excellent in this film, and their singing was great as well. This is a must see movie!

I'm a huuuuge Johnny Cash fan and Joaquin Phoenix is one of the sexiest men alive if you ask me, so I'll definitely see this one. While I love Reese Witherspoon, she seems like an odd choice to play June Carter. I've heard good things about her performance, though, so maybe she'll end up surprising me.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Saw the movie last night. It was very good, not great, but very good. It is really more of a love story than anything else.

being versed in the life and times of the cash family... I was dissapointed with some of what I thought to be key plot points that were left out or skipped over. But I still got all exited at the performance scenes me and the husband were the only people in the theater, so I was a clappin an stompin along with the beat
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl View Post
    I'm a huuuuge Johnny Cash fan and Joaquin Phoenix is one of the sexiest men alive if you ask me, so I'll definitely see this one.
    I've always liked Johnny Cash, but wasn't what you'd call a 'big fan,' but I love Joaquin Phoenix, and I thought he did a fabulous job in this movie.
    While I love Reese Witherspoon, she seems like an odd choice to play June Carter. I've heard good things about her performance, though, so maybe she'll end up surprising me.
    I also thought Reese was a weird actress to play June, but I thought she was totally believable in the role, and she seemed to have a lot of chemistry with Joaquin. I loved this movie. It was amazing to learn that at one time Elvis, Johnny, Jerry Lee Lewis, Waylon Jennings, and Roy Orbison performed together. Now that would have been something to see.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I saw this movie with my Dad and brother today.

My Dad adores Johnny Cash and he totally loved it, as did my brother and I.

We actually went to look and see how much the soundtrack was going for after the movie.

Very informative, for me as I knew nothing, and enjoyable.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by roseskid View Post
    I
    I also thought Reese was a weird actress to play June, but I thought she was totally believable in the role, and she seemed to have a lot of chemistry with Joaquin. I loved this movie. It was amazing to learn that at one time Elvis, Johnny, Jerry Lee Lewis, Waylon Jennings, and Roy Orbison performed together. Now that would have been something to see.
    And don't forget Elvis! Our local country station always plays Elvis...this made it more obvious why.
    And Reese.... I just didn't see the Legally Blonde star in this, but she was great...nd so was Joaquin. Great flick... and even my partner who is not what you'd call a big country fan, dittto my son, loved it. I'd read that you walk out humming Ring of Fire, and sure enough, we all were!

It is a great movie. If you haven't seen it yet before it leaves theatres and have a passing interest in it, go.

Reese & Joaquin are every bit as good as you've heard, and they do their own singing. I did love that they didn't gloss over the ugly parts and you got a feel for who they were as people.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

One of the best movies EVER! I loved Joaquin and Reese! I can't wait to get it for my birthday!
    Strokes Concert: 3/21/06
    "What do you mean we walked around dressed like girls? We walked around in our own clothes, they just happened to be dresses." -Billie Joe Armstrong (Green Day)

I finally rented this tonight, and really liked it. Was it me, or did Phoenix even manage to look like Johnny Cash at times. Anyway, I didn't know much about his relationship with June Carter, but I liked it as a love story, and thought that last scene onstage was especially emotional. Ok, I cried. Sue me.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast