+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Worst Actors of Today

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom

Oh... Sean Penn = oveerrated.
    What!? Sean Penn is an amazing actor. Watch I am Sam, then watch another one of his films such as The Interpreter, and give me your comments. If an actor's characters are believeable and each DIFFERENT, then they're talented. If all their characters are the same, then they suck. i.e. Jenn Aniston's characters all seem the same. She is honestly the worst highly rated actor ever!!

I agree. Sean Penn's performance in Dead Man Walking gave me goose bumps.
    A friend and I have an ongoing argument about Jack Nicholson. He says he's a lousy actor because he's the same in everything. I say he's a brilliant actor because he captures a certain type of character so well.
    I do think Julia Roberts is a lousy actress who also happens to pick lousy scripts.
    Madonna is horrid! Yet she keeps trying.
    I also think Susan Sarandon is pretty bad; Clint Eastwood is terribly overrated as is Sigourney Weaver. (She was awful in Gorillas in the Mist.)
    And anybody who's ever appeared in any Aaron Spelling TV show. (Except Johnny Depp).
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Fan
    Julia Roberts and Jack N. are really good actors. Their characters are believeable. To determine an actor's talent, always look at their characters. If they are believeable, then the actor is talented. Susan Sarandon is a really good actor too. I agree, I don't get how Clint was highly rated for million dollar baby. I have the dvd, and I thought that anyone could act that character.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama
    I would disagree with others on their list..I happen to think that Tom Cruise is a great actor (tho a little nutty right now!)
    Yeah, I don't like him personally but I really likeed Vanilla Sky. I think that role fit him perfectly becasue it had to do with a character that enjoyed his good looks and then lost it all.

Anyway, The Rock would have to be at the top of my list.

interesting the opinions here....

I can't believe anyone would not think Jack Nicolson (sp) is a bad actor. I think he's amazing. Tom Cruise I think is excellent as well.

Bad to me is Julia Roberts - don't get it and never will. I think her brother is much better - I'll never understand her getting that oscar...........

love to look at Brad (in some movies) I think he was a good actor and just sucks now....I laughed at him in Troy (drool & laugh at the same time)

Jennifer Aniston = bad bad bad. She seems like a sweet person and really seems to love acting but, I think she's horrible - (except in Friends) movies Rock Star anyone ? I felt bad for her.

I thought Halle Berry was terrible in that movie she won an oscar for too. Awful (I think she is great in some roles)

kevin Costner = HORRIBLE

(still loved Dances with Wolves though) JMHO
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

Quote Originally Posted by momof2dogs
    Most of those people can't really even be called actors. They are musicians, celbutantes, whatever who just decide to take up acting on a whim. Glad someone brought up Kirsten Dunst. Can't stand her. I'd like to nominate:

Helen Hunt (I actually like her but geez, she always sounds the same)
    Robin Williams (trying to hard to play the same sappy character over and over again)
    Julia Roberts
    Tom Cruise
    Robin Williams has done some wonderful work in movies. I particularly liked him in Awakenings where he played opposite Robert DeNero(who should have won an Oascar for his part in the film). Another serious role was What Dreams May Come. I loved the movie for the beatiful scenery and Robin's Character that streatched him well. He was scary in a couple of films; 1 Hour Photo and Insomnia if I remember correctly. I know that he has worn out his sappy comedic character, but if you have not seen him in the more serious movies, then maybe you should give him a chance. He is much better in rolls that do not allow his inner clown to surface.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Melanie Griffith
    Jennifer Tilly
    or anyone else with an unrealistic annoying voice.
    Megan Malally falls in this catagory when she uses her Will and Grace voice. I noticed that when that show first began she did not have a high pitched voice but a deeper human sounding voice. I have never seen her in a movie though.

I guess an annoying voice will ruin any role for me. I barely got through Mighty Aphrodite with Mira Sorveno. Then there was Woody Allen as well. Too many annoying voices. Eeech!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Mira Sorvino is one of the worst and I'm still upset that she won an oscar over the other excellent women in her category. She was up against Joan Allen, Nixon / Kathleen Quinlan, Apollo 13 / Mare Winningham, Georgia / and
    Kate Winslet, Sense and Sensibility. ALL of the other women she was up against can act circles around her. I still can't figure out how or why she won.

Oh god, Mira Sorvino in the A&E production of The Great Gatsby. She is SO not Daisy. Bleh!

And I believe Jennifer Love Canal, sorry, Hewitt has been mentioned. I cannot bring myself to watch her in anything anymore. She was in a movie a couple of years ago with Gene Hackman and Jason Lee, both of whom I adore. I almost imploded with the strain of watching for Gene & Jason whilst trying to avoid Love Canal..er, Hewitt at the same time.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I find it fascinating that some who think that some of these people are great actors because they play a particular type of character really well. It may be acting, but it isn't great acting. A great actor will play many different kinds of characters, and you will believe them as that character, regardless of their personal celebrity. Nicole Kidman is a great example of this. She isn't ever just being herself, she acts, and it's believable.

I have never understood the Jennifer Love Hewitt thing. I mean, does she have a rich daddy who bankroles her productions or something? Sorry, Tori Spelling, I guess than goes for you as well (though you were actually really good in Trick).
    Last edited by Chorita KaBoom; 11-14-2005 at 01:37 PM.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

+ Reply to Thread