+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Actors of Today

Jack Nicholson - He always looks drunk/high in his movies.
    Cameron Diaz - why is she getting 20 million a picture???
    Jennifer Lopez - I love a lot of her songs and I like her but she cannot act. She's very stiff onscreen.
    Keenan Ivory Wayans - He's a terrible actor.

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie
    Interesting. Almost all actors that are being mentioned are "personality" actors.

Basically, there are two different types of actors.

The "personality" type plays almost the same character every time. People go to see their movies in order to see that particular ACTOR. Examples: John Wayne, Tom Cruise, Keanu Reeves, Jennifer Lopez. These are typically your "STARS"
    Mumsie, I agree and I guess it depends on whether you like that personality as to whether you think the actor is good. Harrison Ford is another one where you pretty much know what you're getting every time, but I LIKE his personality, so he's not on the list!

I would like to add Al Pacino, though. He was really good long ago, but somewhere down the line he began thinking that good acting = being REALLY LOUD.

Love your Bucky Katt quote, too!
    "if at first you don't succeed, destroy any evidence that you ever tried" - The Office

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus
    The only current big name actor I can think of who actually impresses me (Tom Hanks aside) is Joaquin Phoenix.
    Two of my all time FAVORITE actors! I may not always like the movies they are in, but they're both incredibly talented.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

You know, I hate everyone, but I'm just gonna say that Jennifer Lopez was great in Out of Sight. Its a pretty good movie if you haven't seen it.
    meh...

Tobey Maguire - Bland, dull, a complete block of wood. I can't watch Spiderman because of him and Kirsten Dunst
    Kirsten Dunst - Why is she even acting? No emotional depth and always plays the same darn roles. She's not even that attractive, wear a bra!
    Tom Cruise - Classic overactor
    Scarlett Johannson - Once again, a dull overhyped "actress"
    Cameron Diaz - I don't think she's actually a bad actress, she's good at playing crazy roles. However, I don't understand her appeal either.

hayden christensen has hope, lucas held him back, he is a pretty decent actor

i'd have to go with.....

-paris hilton
    -keanu (who can act but has gone bad)
    -kirsten dunst (she WAS good in interview with a vampire but that's about it)
    -julia roberts
    -britney spears
    -mariah carey
    -scarlett johansson

giz
    Quote Originally Posted by momof2dogs
    I would like to add Al Pacino, though. He was really good long ago, but somewhere down the line he began thinking that good acting = being REALLY LOUD.
    Tee-hee, you are right about that one. Shame, cause he can be brilliant. The only J-Lo movie I've seen is the one with George Clooney (Out of Sight?), and she was really good in that. Conversely she is one of the worst popular singers I've ever heard and am likely to ever hear again.

Has anyone mentioned Brad Pitt? I forgot how overrated he is! He's nothing, but eye candy for viewers.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    It is unfortunate that many of the stars we love, and who are really famous and well paid, aren't really good actors. Their personal charisma and celebrity often times outweigh their acting ability. Julia Roberts, Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston fall into this category, competent actors, just not really great actors. I still love them, but they aren't great actors. They may have flashes of greatness or become really good actors eventually, but mostly they just coast along with safe roles (playing the same character over and over). There are others who think that they are great actors (I'm looking at you Mr. Cruise) but aren't. I never find him believable. It's always "Tom Cruise as ..." The character is secondary to his celebrity.
    Last edited by Chorita KaBoom; 11-11-2005 at 04:16 PM.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Balllllooooooooon!!!!! MrsMarcusWelby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb
    Has anyone mentioned Brad Pitt? I forgot how overrated he is! He's nothing, but eye candy for viewers.
    AAAAANnnnnd.... That is enough for me!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread