+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Derailed - 11/11

Derailed - 11/11

R | 1 hr 50 mins | Thriller, Drama
    From Hollywood.com
    Advertising executive Charles Schine is just another Chicago commuter who regularly catches the 8:43 A.M. train to work. But the one day he misses his train and meets Lucinda Harris, his life is changed forever. Lucinda is charming, beautiful and seductive. Despite the fact that each are married with children, their attraction to one another is magnetic. Lunch dates quickly become cocktails after work, and before long, Charles and Lucinda's infatuation leads them to a hotel room. Their seemingly perfect affair goes terribly awry when LaRoche, a brutal stranger, breaks into their room and holds them at gunpoint. This once illicit liaison turns into a nightmare more dangerous and violent than either could have ever imagined. Charles' life soon becomes filled with deception, blackmail, violence and crime. Unable to confide in his wife or speak to the police, Charles finds himself trapped in a world he doesn't recognize, with no trace of the life he once knew.
    Theatrical Release
    11/11/2005

Cast
    Clive Owen - Charles Schine
    Jennifer Aniston - Lucinda Harris
    Melissa George - Deanna Schine
    Vincent Cassel - Phillpe
    Robert Diggs - Winston Boyko
    Xzibit - Dexter
    Addison Timlin - Amy Schine
    Tom Conti - Elliot
    Giancarlo Esposito - Detective Church
    David Morissey - Sam
    Rachel Blake - Susan
    Georgina Chapman - Candy
    David Oyelowo - Patrol Officer
    Catherine McCord - Avery-Price Receptionist
    Dennis O'Hare -Jerry
    Sandra Bee - Conductor

FORT Regular
    I've seen pictures of the making of this movie for a year, I think... I cannot wait to see the movie already!

Oh! This movie looks really good! I plan on taking my boyfriend to see this one.

And tonight she's going to scream your name from the highest rooftop
    Because for the first time in her life, she's not afraid to fall in love

FORT Fan
    I'm not crazy about watching it cause Jenn Aniston is NOT a good actor. If the female role was someone like Gwyneth, Charlize, SMG, or Angelina, I would be excited.

This is actually made by a Swedish director, so I'm going to see it just for the sake of it. Also, I've heard good things about the novel it's based on. But yeah, I don't care much for Jennifer Aniston as an actress either. Liked her in The Good Girl, though.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

I read the book, (by the same name) and I forget the author, but it was unbelievably disturbing. No one who has read this book will EVER cheat on their spouse! I hope the movie does it justice. It will be like a public service for marriage!
    Go Tigers!

The winner takes it all ANTManonimus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fort_Fan911
    I'm not crazy about watching it cause Jenn Aniston is NOT a good actor. If the female role was someone like Gwyneth, Charlize, SMG, or Angelina, I would be excited.
    Your putting Sarah Michelle Gellar in the same category as Gwyneth and Charlize is a crime!!! (B-list actress as opposed to oscar winners)
    Girls could wear jeans, cut their hair short, wear shirts and boots, cause it's ok to be a boy, but for a boy to look like a girl is degrading, because YOU think that being a girl is degrading, but secretly you'd love to know what it's like, wouldn't you, what it feels like for a girl.

I just borrowed this book from a friend who says it's really intense and graphic. I plan to see the movie this week before I read it though. If I read a book before seeing the movie, the movie never lives up to my expectations!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Gwyneth and Charlize, I agree. But she's at least as good and probably better than the other two.

FORT Regular
    Are you kidding? Aniston is easily a better actress than all of those. Everyone knows that unless the only aniston movie they've seen is along came polly or something like that. Her earlier movies are unbeliavable.

Although some of those actresses u mentioned do nudity alot, so if that's how you judge then you're right. lol jk But they do nudity quite a bit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast