+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saw II-10/28/05

MIA, RIP, or Busy...

Saw II-10/28/05

From Rotten Tomatoes:

SYNOPSIS

In SAW, a huge horror hit in 2004, a masked man called Jigsaw orchestrated the kidnapping of two people, chained them in a disgusting bathroom in an abandoned house, and played vicious, brutal mind games with them that potentially could lead to their freedom. Jigsaw is back for more gory fun in SAW II, but this time he comes out from behind the mask to terrorize a troubled cop face-to-face. Tobin Bell reprises his brief role as Jigsaw in the first film with a major starring turn in the sequel. Dying of cancer, Jigsaw lets himself get caught, only to show Detective Eric Matthews (Donnie Wahlberg) that his son, Daniel (Erik Knudsen), has been taken hostage with seven other people, all of whom have been placed in a house of horrors with only the slimmest chance of escaping with their lives. Jigsaw promises Matthews that Daniel will live only if the cop follows the rules of the game, but time is running out, as the captives' bodies have been poisoned with a toxin that will soon destroy them. Meanwhile, in the dank, mysterious, booby-trapped house, the ever-more-desperate group of people (including Shawnee Smith, who is back as Amanda, the lone survivor of SAW) furiously try to find their connection to each other and a way out, but blood and violence lie in their path. Like its predecessor, SAW II is a frightening thriller filled with plenty of tricks and treats to satisfy even the most jaded horror fan.
    I saw (haha, no pun intended) this movie last night and I am beyond words to explain it. Freaky, disturbing, chilling come to mind.

Few "seconds" come back better than the "first" and although a lot more gore, which I could do without, the plot is even more intense in this one. And the twist at the end is just outrageous.

I can't believe that someone can actually sit down and think of this stuff...that alone is scary.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Cool - my b/f wanted to see this this past weekend but I was too sick to go. Now that I'm better, maybe we'll try it out. Thanks for the write up!

I loved the original, and this one definitely was INCREDIBLE too! And I just saw that they were done by different directors, props to the new director, Darren Lynn Bousman (who's only 26!) for doing a great job. I think he really upped the ante, the acting by the brute (franky g) was over-the-top, but everything else was on-point. That one scene (you know what I'm talking about,with the prickly situation) was genius.

I enjoyed this movie (as well as the first one)
    Considering there were eight people in the house, I expected more traps, but I think more would have been overdone. The traps/"games" were pretty brutal this time around. And of course, the ending was really twisted. (I guess Jigsaw meant it when he said Eric's son was in a SAFE place. )

i saw this last sat

i think the storyline of the first one is better, but this wasnt too bad for a sequel

so gory though, i think the movie is more gory/disturbing than it is scary

It's very gory. I had to look away many times during this movie. I really enjoyed it.

Just saw this Monday. Wow! Little "Lucy Camden". What a twist at the end. Never saw that one coming! Do you think now there will be a 3? When I saw it, I saw a trailer for the 3rd Final Destination movie. I can't wait for this one either. How many more gory ways can they think of to kill people?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

they'll defintitely be a third one

The first movie scared the heck out of me, and I don't scare easily. Can't wait to see this.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

FORT Newbie
    Loved the movie. Very interesting twist at the end that catches everyone by suprise.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast