+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Doom - 10/21

Doom - 10/21

R | 1 hr 40 mins | Action, Adaptation, Adventure, Fantasy | Awaiting Release: 10/21/2005

From Hollywood.com

Olduvai Research Station is a remote scientific facility on Mars where something has gone terribly wrong. All experiments have ceased, and communication has failed. The few messages that do get through are less than comforting ...
    Cast
    Dwayne - Johnson Sarge
    Karl Urban - John Grimm a.k.a. Reaper
    Rosamund Pike - Dr. Samantha "Sam" Grimm
    Ben Daniels - Goat
    Razaaq Adoti - Duke
    Richard Brake - Portman
    Dexter Fletcher - Pinky
    Yao Chin - Mac
    Robert Russell - Dr Carmack
    Daniel York - Lt. Hunegs

I saw this last night, it was bad - even though I love the Rock's smile, and Karl Urban looks great, it was just really really bad, even for a shoot-em up no thought involved movie, it was bad. Well, not horrible bad, didn't walk out, but still just not good. It could have had potential, but the 15 minute game recreation in the middle, it just had no flow to it, too dark, whispers of character but nothing really - even the Doom lovin' want to see everything blow-up type movie guy I went with thought it was too dumb and uneven even for him.

But Karl Urban,

Doom was my first addiction. I have to see it ......probably will be awful but, gotta see my old favorite on the big screen. I'll come back and let ya all know my opinion ..........(not like it'll matter much)
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

FORT Fogey
    I'm not planning to watch this movie. For me, it's just another waste of time.

FORT Newbie

Are you Kidding?!

DOOM was brilliant! I saw it six times! It really lived up to the game. And Karl urban! Oh, my God, he could be my reaper any day!

I wasn't expecting too much from this movie, since I'm not a gamer of any sort, and didn't know the premise, BUT I really enjoyed it! Karl Urban helps with that, woohoo! and The Rock is very charismatic. I liked the gore, too.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

+ Reply to Thread