+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elizabethtown

Elizabethtown

I could be a tad biased since my friend casted this movie....but then I did rip apart the last movie he had something to do with for two weeks

I must say, though, that this movie is excellent. I am not a big fan of mushiness and I am happy that the romance in this movie was more downplayed, to me, to focus on Drew's (Orlando Bloom) relationship with his family and his develpment as a person.

I don't think that there is one weak person in the cast and that the soundtrack is totally awesome.

This movie is my favorite that I have seen this year --- and I have not been paid to say that
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Even though movie "critics" gave this movie only one star, but I think this is a good movie, not only because I love and adore Orlando Bloom, but also the storyline about relationship father and his kids are touchy for me. It's hit too close to home. I miss my dad. I didn't see him since I moved to USA. It's been six and half years.

Glad to hear it. Some of the reviews have been less than glowing, but I do want to see it. The original trailers had me hooked.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Yes the critics have been so harsh on this movie.

I can understand why it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, but I don't think that it deserved the reaming that it got.

I am actually taking my Mum and new step-dad to see the movie as well later this week.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I saw the movie again today with my Dad. It was just as good the second time around.
    -Bono

I liked the previews I've seen and find it looks good, but my brother went to see it and said it was long and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaLaruefan
    I liked the previews I've seen and find it looks good, but my brother went to see it and said it was long and boring.
    I don't think this movie is made for guys
    -Bono

Well I'm a girl, and I actually stretched out and fell asleep. Woke up, and it was STILL playing. My goodness, what a mess!

A mess that was my favorite movie of the year
    -Bono

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    I agree, this movie was a mess, a big sloppy, inane mess…and it was trite and banal too. I love Cameron Crowe…Say Anything is still one of my favorite movies, Almost Famous was endearing, but he missed the mark here…BIG TIME.

My favorite part of the movie was the last ½ hour, but, confoundingly, it didn’t make any sense in the context of the larger film. This movie started as, I thought, a character study of how to appreciate the interesting and unique idiosyncrasies of a particular region of the country radically different from your own. The movie ended as a sentimental and broad stroked portrayal of classical America.

And don’t get me started on the love story. Exactly how many more times are we going to have to hear the words, “People know me but they don’t really know me” uttered before that mysterious connection that can happen between two people is utterly obliterated by Hollywood mangling? Even though Kirsten Dunst is a cutie it sounds like wack job written drivel coming out of her mouth.

I’m just shocked that this film was actually WORSE when it debuted at the Toronto Film Festival. Cameron, what the heck happened??????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast