+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Network

FORT Fogey

Network

To all:

Turner Classic Movies happened to re-air this 1976 classic late Tuesday night-early Wednesday, and what was amazing about that film was how much of it has turned out since to actually happen, including an early version of reality TV as we know it today.

It was done as a sattire at the time, but so much is true since then about doing anything for ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallyhorse
    To all:

Turner Classic Movies happened to re-air this 1976 classic late Tuesday night-early Wednesday, and what was amazing about that film was how much of it has turned out since to actually happen, including an early version of reality TV as we know it today.

It was done as a sattire at the time, but so much is true since then about doing anything for ratings.
    TCM is airing Network again as I type this. I own this excellent film in VHS, which should show how long ago I bought it.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel
    TCM is airing Network again as I type this. I own this excellent film in VHS, which should show how long ago I bought it.
    I know, I'm watching it too.

I wasn't expecting anyone to reply to this now.

One of the all-time classics that would be very interesting to say the least to re-make given everything that has happened in the 30 years since this was filmed.

+ Reply to Thread