+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Serenity - 9/30

Serenity - 9/30

Release Date: 2005-09-30 Action, Adaptation, Sci-Fi Rated: PG-13 Runtime: 1 hr 59 mins
    From Hollywood.com

When the crew of the spaceship Serenity take on two new passengers - a young doctor and his unstable, telepathic sister - they get much more than they bargained for. The pair are fugitives from the coalition dominating the universe and they will stop at nothing to reclaim the girl.
    Cast: Nathan Fillion , Gina Torres , Alan Tudyk , Sean Maher , Jewel Staite , Summer Glau

Director: Joss Whedon , Jack N Green

LT1
    Just came back from watching it. I liked it alot.

If you loved the series, You'll enjoy this movie.

I loved it, too. Although there was one moment that broke my heart. But I think anyone can enjoy this movie, even if you're not familiar with the show.
    Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Just back now....loved it! Of course, it's very Whedon-esque, so I wasn't surprised by those couple of sad moments. Just sad, not surprised. I hope they make a sequel.

I never saw the series, but I still enjoyed this a lot although there were a few things that got my adrenaline pumping. I'm curious since I didn't see any of the tv shows if the characters are all basically the same as in the series?

FORT Fogey
    It's a movie?????

My first thought, when I saw the title of this thread, was "Phew, at least I'm not wearing those yet!!!"

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    I never saw the series, but I still enjoyed this a lot although there were a few things that got my adrenaline pumping. I'm curious since I didn't see any of the tv shows if the characters are all basically the same as in the series?
    Pretty much...though there was no Mr. Universe in the series and no "The Operative" guy (though there were plenty of people looking for River throughout the series). The Shepard was on Serenity for most episodes, as was Inara.

I resisted getting into Firefly for a long time, even though I was a Buffy fan, because I thought it was pointless to get psyched about a series that only had 14 or so episodes. But the movie preview looked good, and my sis & parents both were talking it up, I took the plunge and I'm glad for it. If you see the series, you'll have a better appreciation for the movie, I think. Also the
    Click to see Spoiler:
    deaths of Wash and Shepard will resonate a bit more, as their parts in the movie weren't nearly as big as in the series.
    So, I'd recommend getting the DVDs and checking it out.

Thanks Phonegrrrl. I'll definitely check out the dvds. I really thought the actress that played River did a great job.

Just saw the movie. Loved it alot but was much darker than the series. 2 sad points but LOTS of action! Loved the River character. I also suggest the DVD's first.

I really liked the movie!! It was action packed - and funnier than I expected
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

+ Reply to Thread