+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mirrormask - 9/30

Mirrormask - 9/30

Release Date: 2005-09-30 Fantasy Rated: PG Runtime: 1 hr 41 mins
    From Hollywood.com

Helena is a fifteen-year-old girl working for her family circus, who wishes-quite ironically-that she could run away from the circus and join real life. But such is not to be the case, as she finds herself on a strange journey into the Dark Lands, a fantastic landscape filled with giants, Monkeybirds and dangerous sphinxes. Helena searches for the Mirrormask, an object of enormous power that is her only hope of escaping the Dark Lands, waking the Queen of Light and returning home.
    Cast: Stephanie Leonidas , Gina McKee , Robert Brydon , Jason Barry , Dora Bryan , Robert Llewellyn

Director: Dave McKean

Is this out already? I've been waiting for this one!
    Ludicrous speed!

Apparently Neil Gaiman wrote the script for this, which makes it much more likely I'll try to see it, as I'm a fan of his novels.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I love Neil Gaiman too, Lucy, and am excited to see another collaboration between him and Dave McKean (who did some artwork on Gaiman's Sandman). I'm hearing very favorable comparisons to Labyrinth.

P.S. Lucy, if you love his novels, I beg you to give his comics/graphic novels a try. They're the perfect example of just how sublime the medium can be.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I'm with SnowflakeGirl. A Gaiman/McKean collaboration, especially on film, is an exciting prospect.

Here's an example of McKean's artwork; he did most (all?) the covers for Gaiman's famed Sandman series.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

+ Reply to Thread