from rottentomatoes.com
    Tim Burton's Corpse Bride

THEATRICAL RELEASE
    Sep 23, 2005 Wide
    Sep 16, 2005 NYC/LA/Toronto

NUMBERS
    Box Office: $385,078

CONSENSUS
    As can be expected from a Tim Burton movie, Corpse Bride is whimsically macabre, visually imaginative, and emotionally bittersweet.

CAST & CREW
    Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, Emily Watson
    Directed by Tim Burton

SYNOPSIS
    Corpse Bride carries on in the dark, romantic tradition of Tim Burtonís classic films Edward Scissorhands and The Nightmare Before Christmas. Set in a 19th century European village, this stop-motion, animated feature follows the story of Victor (Johnny Depp), a young man who is whisked away to the underworld and wed to a mysterious Corpse Bride (Helena Bonham-Carter), while his real bride, Victoria (Emily Watson), waits bereft in the land of the living. Though life in the Land of the Dead proves to be a lot more colorful than his strict Victorian upbringing, Victor learns that there is nothing in this world, or the next, that can keep him away from his one true love. Itís a tale of optimism, romance and a very lively afterlife, told in classic Tim Burton style. -- © Warner Bros.

MPAA RATING
    PG, for some scary images and action, and brief mild language

RELEASE COMPANY
    Warner Bros.

GENRE
    Dramas, Adventure, Stop-Motion Animation, Romance, Good Vs. Evil, Theatrical Release, Europe, Love, Animated Characters, Animated Worlds

I just saw this last night and I totally reccomend this movie. I really enjoyed every minute of it and the concept to me was so original. I actually burst out laughing a few times (even though I'm not a huge fan of dark humor but it was indeed quirky Tim Burton-esque style).

Anyways, go see "Corpse Bride", you won't be disappointed!
    If you really did love music, you wouldn't limit yourself to just one genre.

Can't wait to see it! I love everything Tim Burton, especially Edward Scissorhands and A Nightmare Before Christmas, so this is a must.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

I saw this over the weekend and it is really good. It is a cute story and if you enjoy Tim Burton movies you will definitely enjoy this.

+ Reply to Thread