Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flightplan - 09/23/05

Flightplan - 09/23/05

from rottentomatoes.com

Flightplan (PG-13)
    THEATRICAL RELEASE
    Sep 23, 2005 Wide

CONSENSUS
    The actors are all on key here, but as the movie progress, tension deflates as the far-fetched plot kicks in.

CAST & CREW
    Jodie Foster, Peter Sarsgaard, Sean Bean
    Directed by Robert Schwentke

SYNOPSIS
    Academy Award-winning producer Brian Grazer ("A Beautiful Mind," "Apollo 13") teams up with two-time Academy Award-winning actress Jodie Foster ("Silence of the Lambs," "The Accused") in the taut psychological thriller, FLIGHTPLAN, directed by Robert Schwentke and written by Peter Dowling and Billy Ray. Flying at 40,000 feet in a cavernous, state-of-the-art 474 aircraft, Kyle Pratt (FOSTER) faces every mother's worst nightmare when her six year-old daughter, Julia, vanishes without a trace mid-flight from Berlin to New York. Already emotionally devastated by the unexpected death of her husband, Kyle desperately struggles to prove her sanity to the disbelieving flight crew and passengers while facing the very real possibility that she may be losing her mind. While neither Captain Rich (SEAN BEAN), nor Air Marshal Gene Carson (PETER SARSGAARD) want to doubt the bereaved widow, all evidence indicates that her daughter was never on board resulting in paranoia and doubt among the passengers and crew of the plane. Finding herself desperately alone, Kyle can only rely on her own wits to solve the mystery and save her daughter.

MPAA RATING
    PG-13, for violence and some intense plot material

RELEASE COMPANY
    Touchstone Pictures

GENRE
    Dramas, Action, Suspense, Thriller, Airplanes

Saw this movie on Staurday. I really enjoyed it. I like Jodie Foster a lot, and I wanted to see this ever since I saw the previews. The plot was pretty good. Most of the twists and turns were believable, but some of it was a bit farfetched. However, it was very suspenseful, and I was actually on the edge of my seat towards the end. I definitely reccomend it.

I won't go into more detail because I don't want to spoil the ending.

CCL
    I saw this on Saturday, too (but not with Colby d ). It was a pretty good thriller. I half-guessed the outcome, but not all of it. My sister was kind of worried it was going to be like that Julianne Moore movie, where aliens stole the children. Thankfully, no.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I saw this movie Saturday, also. It was really good. Definitley worth seeing.

i'm really looking forward to seeing this - though, i think i have a fairly good idea what the "twist" is going to be. ...i kind of hope i'm wrong, but i guess we'll see.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Flightplan

Hey. Was this a good movie? I want to see it!!

Flight Plan

I watched Flight Plan this afternoon and I really enjoyed it. I only learned about the twist before I saw the film and I wasn't really surprised with the ending or stunned by it either. I if anything I thought it was anticlimactic and the film also had a lot of holes in the plot.

But all in all a good popcorn movie. I must say that I was very impressed with Jodie Foster and Peter Sarsgaard solid acting and I loved James Horner's score.

Although Flight Plan and Red Eye are in the same vein, I enjoyed Red Eye a lot more with Wes Craven's direction and and Cillian's acting.

Spoiler:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Cilllian is a much better villain than Peter Sarsgarrd.

I was really disappointed in this movie. There are plot holes big enough to fly the plane through. It starts out all moody, thriller, film noir-ish and ends up trying to be action/chases, etc.
    There are some tense moments and a few good "Hmm..." moments, but overall, I was not impressed. I was expecting a much better movie.

FORT Newbie
    i can't wait to see the movie! too bad they havn't startet showing it here in norway..

CCL
    Flight attendants are not happy with Flightplan. Think it is overblown, personally. Here's a link to one of the articles on the flap:link
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast