+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flightplan - 09/23/05

FORT Fan
    I watched this movie yesturday. It was really INTERESTING. So if you're interested in suspense thrillers like Red Eye, this is worth watching.

Watched this a couple of weeks ago and I have to say I loved it...Although not the best movie I watched...but i still think it is worth the money...
    Well, I was thinking when he said, "king of the jungle," I was, like, "Well, during the first challenge you would still be lost in the jungle if Jim and I hadn't, like, led you out. - Brooke Struck on Judd

Love is like the wind...You can't see it, but you can feel it

I just saw this tonight. Man, the plot had outrageously huge holes in it. Anyone that's a parent will find Jody Foster walking to the other end of an airplane cabin (the largest ever made, apparently) and leaving her freaked-out daughter (who's father just died) alone so that she could take a better nap to be totally unbelieveable.

The following rant is chock full of spoilers. So if you don't want to know what happned, don't read it.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Also, like Igota, I'd liked to have seen how the hijacker plot started to begin with. Was the Air Marshal villian just sitting around one day with his flight attendant accomplice and thought, "Hey, lets find the woman who designed this plane, kill her husband (but make it look like an accident), hope she decides to fly his body back to the States in that same plane, manage to get ourselves positions on the flight, hope the plane designer leaves her child to take a nap so that we can steal her, sneak the child past all the other passengers and crew without any of them seeing her, manage to get her down into the hold, and convince everyone else on the plane that the plane designer is a raving lunatic and then a mastermind hijacker, so that we can get away scott-free! Yes!!! It's the perfect plan!!!"

It makes NO sense. HOWEVER, I WILL say that if you can ignore all of that, its a decent suspense flick. Jodie Foster is an extraordinary actress, as always, and does her best with a freaking lame script.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    Anyone that's a parent will find Jody Foster walking to the other end of an airplane cabin (the largest ever made, apparently) and leaving her freaked-out daughter (who's father just died) alone so that she could take a better nap to be totally unbelieveable.
    I pretty much thought the same thing! That was really a stretch for me. I was a little disappointed in the movie but so thrilled to sit for a couple hours eating popcorn and holding hands with my husband without someone yelling mom, climbing all over me, or asking me to get up for any reason! They could have shown Mr.Ed reruns for two hours and I would have sat there with a smile on my face!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123