+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daredevil (2003) - 2/14

Daredevil (2003) - 2/14

[IMG]images/stor/daredevil.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]images/stor/elektra.jpg[/IMG]

Daredevil (2003)

Synopsis: Attorney Matt Murdock is blind, but his other four senses function with superhuman sharpness. By day, Murdock represents the downtrodden. By night, he is Daredevil--a masked vigilante stalking the dark streets of the city, and a relentless avenger of justice.

StatisticsGenre(s):Action, Adaptation, Adventure, Sci-Fi Rating: MPAA PG-13: for action/violence and some sensuality. Runtime: Not available Theatrical Release:02/14/2003

Cast & Role
    Ben Affleck - Daredevil/Matt Murdock
    Colin Farrell- Bullseye
    Jennifer Garner - Elektra
    Michael Clarke Duncan- Kingpin
    Jon Favreau - Foggy Nelson
    David Keith- Jack Murdock
    Joe Pantoliano - Ben Urich
    Scott Terra- Young Matt Murdock

Crew & Credit
    Mark Steven Johnson - Director
    Gary Foster- Producer

Well, being a Jennifer Garner fan, I'll definitely be seeing this in some form or another. Really looking forward to it!

I've been waiting for this movie since I first saw the previews last year. The names of the characters are funky, and their costumes are kind of ridiculous. Still it's an action movie, and Jennifer Garner is in it. She'll be showing off her awesome kick ass moves.

Doesn't appeal to me on any level.
    Ben Affleck just doesn't have what it takes to be a superhero imo.
    Colin Farrell is hot, but he's tainted by association to Britney now.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Well, Daredevil isn't too famous a comic book hero, like Batman or Superman. But, issue (I think) #181 of this series is well-regarded as the best comic of all time. So, it's pretty popular with people who read and collect comics, but it's just not "mainstream".

I think they're hoping to make it mainstream, though. Fact is, it's a character created by Stan Lee, who also created Spiderman.

Stan Lee created a whole new genre of comic superheroes. Before him, there was Superman and Batman, etc. Superheroes who did the right thing, protected their secret identities at all costs, and who the reader never really "worried about".

Lee created a series of superheroes who got into real jams, where you didn't know if they were going to survive. They were conflicted characters with real problems. Some of his creations: The Hulk, The X-Men, Spiderman, The Fantastic Four, Black Panther (the first black superhero), Silver Surfer...

I've waited for this movie since I read about it in Time magazine last year!
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

I'm with Fluff. Ben is tainted by Jen and now Colin by Britney. Can't scrub the skank off of them.

There once was a day when I'd rush out the first day to see anything Ben was in. Those days are gone.

But to be fair, I'm not into the whole action-hero genre. Still haven't seen Spider-Man.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Regular
    hmmmm... Ben? an attorney? He looks too boyish for the role!
    Tobey as spidey was ok but this doesn't look too good.
    Are YOU a Nature lover after what it did to your face?

Yaaawwwwn. I've even read Daredevil, but I don't think it lends itself well to a movie format. And Ben Affleck is one of the lamest, weakest actors in Hollywood. It steams me that he has a career in entertainment.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

FORT Regular
    anyway, think a more mature looking guy will do the Daredevil credit. Isn't val kilmer the first choice?
    Are YOU a Nature lover after what it did to your face?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast