+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daredevil (2003) - 2/14

spegs!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I might see a movie where he played a semi-retarded character who marries a skanky...wait, that would be a documentary.

Spegs, I keep meaning to tell you that I love your av and your title. Love Ben Stiller and while that movie was stupid, it was really funny. Love Owen Wilson too.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Of the subject...
    Miss F--

I agree about Zoolander. It's stupid, but (especially late at night) I can't stop laughing at it. Just the premise that Ben and Owen are male models is enough to crack me up.

I enjoy your av as well...although sometimes the drool on the keyboard is a problem.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

That Crazy Red-Head! CopperPenny's Avatar
    I love Ben, but I think it is a stretch for him to be a super hero.

Sorry.

He'll be about as convincing as a super-hero as he was as a tough guy in Reindeer Games.

Not at all.

Welcome, CopperPenny, I haven't officially welcomed you yet.

That Crazy Red-Head! CopperPenny's Avatar
    Thank you John.

Insert Funny "Quote" Here nofx242's Avatar
    Did anybody see it yet? Should I spend my hard earned money on it? Or should I wait for DVD.

i saw it yesterday! the special effects were great! awesome fight scenes. here was my problem with it, though... and no, it wasn't poser ben, all of the characters were superhuman when they fought. even the human ones. that didn't make a lot of sense to me. they could allllll scale buildings and jump from building to building and pick each other up and throw them across a room. i thought that was a little weird. another thing... at one point daredevil is so wounded he can't fight, then ten minutes later "movie time" he's scaling buildings and fighting full force. now, he didn't heal so that was kind of bogus.

colin, as bullseye, is so evil that you can't help but laugh and cheer him on. quite the antihero. made me feel a little bad about myself as it blurred my ability to decipher right from wrong.

i thought the storyline was great, and appreciated that daredevil wasn't just a good guy, but had to battle with himself to be good (thank you, stan lee). i LOVED jennifer garner in this film. LOVED her.

i don't want to ruin the movie for anyone, but i will say i liked it better than spiderman. then again... i didn't really like spiderman at all.

let's just say, it could've been A LOT better, but it was entertaining and not too terribly long. also, it's an open ended story to a degree, so obviously if it's a box office hit, we can expect to see a sequel.

oh yeah, you can also expect a kevin smith cameo.

We'll see a sequel. All of the "main" characters signed on to a 2-picture deal for the movie, just in case there was enough interest for a sequel.

Thanks for the review!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast