+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daredevil (2003) - 2/14

JR.
    I hate Affleck, and the previews don't do anything for me even though Ms. Garner looks great. Wait for cable, I won't even rent it.

FORT Fanatic
    I agree with the Ben-bashers. He's just not appealing at all. Ben as an action hero is just a bloody joke. I also can't buy Jennifer Garner as an ass-kicker. Her arms look too weak to hold a two-pound hammer.

Looking forward to it. Daredevil is a little known comic-book character with the general public, but comic book fans have respect for the character, thanks to the work of Frank Miller and later, Kevin Smith ("Clerks," "Dogma").

I compare this to the release of "Blade." Before the release of "Blade," I thought that was going to be lousy until I actually saw it. I own the DVD. Good stuff, good work there, working an obscure character into a viable movie property.

Never saw Ben Affleck as Matt Murdock, though. Murdock is a brilliant attorney as well as a super-hero, and well, Affleck has made a career of playing "average" guys.

Also looking forward to "The Hulk." Thanks to the Superbowl spot, there's already buzz surrounding that "whipping that tank around and throwing it" scene in the promo. But isn't this directed by the guy who directed "Sense and Sensibility"? It's kind of a step out of his normal genre.

i can't wait! we already have tickets for valentine's day! this is actually one of the few superhero shows that i've been anxious to see. i think it will be great!!

re: ben, i don't think he's a great actor, i think he's a great "poser." watch him in any movie. he's constantly striking a pose. that being said, can't WAIT to see this film!!! how many guys have a girlfriend that asks to see daredevil on valentine's?

and colin farrell is yummmmmmmmm.... britney and all. (sorry fluffie! )

Have you ever heard him being interviewed?
    He has a great accent, but can barely go three words without effin'.

I really like him but I think he needs a little longer to "de-skeeve" himself
    "That's Numberwang!"

de-skeeve! hahahha!

Sher,

What can I say, except "You rock!" Your boyfriend's lucky to have you. And if he doesn't believe you, you can print this out and show him I wrote that.

("Uh, who's phat32, hon?")

I just love going to the movies, and even though I sometimes like to go to a movie alone when I simply want to sit and enjoy without worrying whether the person I'm with is enjoying him- or herself, who doesn't like company when they go to the movies?

I'm lucky if I can drag my better half to a chick flick. Yes, that's how desperate I am to get her to a movie: I will actually sit through "Brigitte Jones's Diary" at the matinee.

Originally posted by fluff
    Have you ever heard him being interviewed?
    He has a great accent, but can barely go three words without effin'.

I really like him but I think he needs a little longer to "de-skeeve" himself
    You are so right! I saw him on Jay Leno and every other word was f* this and f* that. He did say that his mother told him he needed to clean up his language, but obviously it wasn't working. He is a cutie, though.

And as for Ben, he's definitely not a great actor but he has presence. It might be a goofball presence, but he's likeable. I'm not watching the movie just because he is in it. I don't watch movies because of the actors that are in it. If the story appeals to me then I watch it.

I'm usually with you Wolf. I like Ben, but long are the days when I would go see a crappy movie :cough:ReindeerGames:cough: just because he's in it.

On the other hand, the only actor I will go to great lengths to avoid is Tom Cruise.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Ben A. is to me what Tom C. is to you, Miss Filangi.

I can truthfully promise that I will never see this movie. The thought of
    Ben Who-Fleck (SNL Mango skit) playing a "brilliant" attorney?

I might see a movie where he played a semi-retarded character who marries a skanky...wait, that would be a documentary.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast