+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Exorcism of Emily Rose 9/9

The Exorcism of Emily Rose 9/9

going to see this one this weekend? anyone else anxiously awaiting it?

In an extremely rare decision, the Catholic Church officially recognized the demonic possession of a 19 year-old college freshman. Told in flashbacks, 'The Exorcism of Emily Rose' chronicles the haunting trial of the priest accused of negligence resulting in the death of the young girl believed to be possessed and the laywer who takes on the task of defending him.

Genres: Suspense/Horror
    Running Time: 1 hr. 54 min.
    Release Date: September 9th, 2005 (wide).
    MPAA Rating: PG-13 for thematic material including intense/frightening sequences and disturbing images.
    Distributor: Screen Gems

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf...678441&intl=us

official movie website: http://www.theexorcismofemilyrose.co...smofemilyrose/
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I want to see this, but I'll probably wait for DVD b/c no one wants to go with me. Then I can watch it with the lights out at midnight and appropriately freak myself out.

luckily, my husband does as he is told pretty well...so i won't have to go alone. lol
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Movies dealing with exorcisms freak me out. Just thinking of the movie "The Exorcist" sends chills down my spine. Still don't know if I'll watching this movie in the theatre or wait for it on video. I think I'll wait to hear some of your reviews first to decide whether to go or not.

~*Sawyer's Love slave*~ sydneysummers's Avatar
    For some reason this movie freaks me out! I have seen The Exorcist and that didn't but the ads for this give me the creeps. I normally love scary movies too. I think it's the scary voices in the ads that get me!
    *Maeby*"I drugged him not to go all the way with him"
    *George Michael*"I think even the antidrug people would be okay with that"

I was just coming in here to say that the commercials for this alone scare the poop out of me! I too am a HUGE horror fan, normally the gorier the better, but exorcism stuff gives me the wiggies big time (maybe because I'm Catholic?).

I saw the re-release The Exorcist in the theater when it came out like, 4 or 5 years ago? And I remember seeing it on cable and stuff before and not being that effected, you know it became such a horror cliche, spoofed a million times over...but seeing it in gigantic widescreen was just so...troubling. I mean, I was disturbed for days. (Arguably, I am just disturbed, period. )

Anyway, I'm waiting for the DVD on this, too. But anyone who goes, tell us how you like it!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

My boyfriend and I plan on going to see this next Friday when he comes into town. He doesn't get scared easily but he's told me he's already looking forward to having me sleep extra close to him that night

This movie looks really good! It's based off of a true story too, which makes it even scarier!! I hope it's not a let down

No one wants to see this with me...except one of my guy friends.....so I guess we are going.....

And tonight she's going to scream your name from the highest rooftop
    Because for the first time in her life, she's not afraid to fall in love

They've shown so much of this movie in commercials and during an A&E program I watched called "The Real Exorcists" I think I've seen nearly the whole thing already. So I'm waiting for the DVD as well.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I went to see it today. In terms of horror value, I would say it's more like the type where something crashes making a loud sound and you jump because you didn't expect it. The movie itself was okay, but more corny and predictable than I would have liked. I wouldn't say it's very memorable either, because I just came back maybe an hour ago and I'm already forgetting some parts of it. I probably won't see it again, even after it comes out on DVD.

But now I'm really interested in how an exorcism is really conducted, so I guess some good came out of it!
    Gustav Holst was right!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast