+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Exorcism of Emily Rose 9/9

giz
    How sad that in this day and age (35 odd years ago) a girl with epilepsy and schizophrenia could die of malnutrition. I just think it's sad. I'm also sad Tom Wilkinson would be in a silly movie like this.

giz
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    When I was a wee lass, The Exorcist was a forbidden movie for me to watch (age & strict Catholic). So, I watched it by myself on the sly. That can be documented as one of the worse things I've ever done.
    Well, I'll tell ya.. it really, REALLY disturbed me to the core. I mean, really bad. I was scared for years...couldn't sleep, became afraid of the dark, anything involving the devil/satan would put me in near coma, etc.
    The whole thought that the devil can take you over and possess you........simply horrified me. Still does.
    This is why you should always do Exactly What Your Mother Tells You. I am going to copy your quote and give it to my daughter next time she tells me how hard done by she is for not being allowed to do something. We know best, we Are omnipotent.

I'm going with some friends to see this on Friday. We were supposed to go last Friday, but one of them had to work.

I see how some people may not want to go see this, but I don't see how it's more likely of this to happen than for you to be killed by a murderer or serial killer, which is a commonplace theme in horror films.

Also, since the "real" girl's name was Anneliese, we probably would need new, fake, tapes with the name Emily on them. I can't prove they didn't use any real audio from the actual exorcism, but the chances are slim. Yes, it's based on a true story. No, it's not a documentary; it's entertainment like any other horror film.

I'll probably freak out because I get scared at most horror films, but I know that going in, and that's why we're going. We have fun getting scared together. It's a good night out...

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    This movie...overall was just ok. I saw it with my friends who were terrified, well the girls! I personally laughed a lot, I don't know why, some of the things were just so random. Horror wise, it was alright. I jumped once I think and thats about it.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    I'm sorry, but that is ridiculous. The movie is not possessed, and no one will become possessed if they watch it. Besides, the *real* Emily Rose isn't even named Emily, and I highly doubt they would use actual recordings anyway.
    there's people that believe that harry potter books and movies are possessed and when you read the books or watch the movies, you will become possessed too. i know one of those people (that believe that ... not that have become possessed). lol

it takes all kinds ....

Quote Originally Posted by giz
    How sad that in this day and age (35 odd years ago) a girl with epilepsy and schizophrenia could die of malnutrition. I just think it's sad. I'm also sad Tom Wilkinson would be in a silly movie like this.
    there are still people in the religious sect that believe epilepsy and schizophrenia is caused by demon possession. truly sad ....
    Last edited by barefootdyke; 09-24-2005 at 11:37 PM.

This is one of only two movies I've walked out of and asked for a refund. Really dumb.

Reality TV outKast
    I just saw this movie, and I really like it. To me, I think it's more than just a horror movie and maybe that's why I liked it and most others didn't.

I find it kind of strange how some non-christians can bash Christian views, and refer to them as "sad", but when Christian people express any sort of dislike for non-christian veiws, its reffered to as "discriminatory".

I wanted to see more horror less courtroom

I just saw the movie and I must admit it freaked me out a little...I kept worrying/wondering if I would wake up at 3:00am - didn't and relieved even though it's not entirely logical.

I liked that they tried to give another explanation for her behavior besides possession. That's realistic and deserved to be explored. I thought Laura Linney and Tom W. did a good job.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast