+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Exorcism of Emily Rose 9/9

Quote Originally Posted by CallieCutie
    This post really freaked me out so much, that I called up my boyfriend and told him that we're NOT gonna go see it. He just laughed when I told him my reasoning, and got upset with me. So now I'm gonna tough it out and go see it with him... the things you do for love

callie

I can't figure out if ppl liked it or not. I'm not going now though.

too freaky.

keep your eyes closed .....!! Let us know how you like it!!
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

Quote Originally Posted by AntmSTarTa
    The soundtrack / audio track for this movie is the REAL THING. That means that the sounds of some background voices / ghost voices was the real Emily Rose when she was demon possessed. So what you're hearing is basically a recording of a demon possessed girl. Which in turn, makes it a demon possessed movie.
    Where did you hear this? The girl who this movie is based on wasn't even named Emily Rose (in the movie, when the recording of the exorcism is played, you can clearly hear someone asking for Emily)...or maybe I'm just not getting it.
    Last edited by haejin; 09-11-2005 at 09:52 PM.
    Gustav Holst was right!

Quote Originally Posted by AntmSTarTa
    I will talk about religion regarding this movie, but if it is inappropriate, feel free to remove it.

Yesterday, I went to church and we had a long discussion about this movie. It's based on a true story, where Emily Rose, a 19year old girl, was demon-possessed.

The soundtrack / audio track for this movie is the REAL THING. That means that the sounds of some background voices / ghost voices was the real Emily Rose when she was demon possessed. So what you're hearing is basically a recording of a demon possessed girl. Which in turn, makes it a demon possessed movie.

Our youth group had a whole discussion of this movie, wheater or not to see it (meaning on our own time, not as a group) and it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED not to see it, as it is a possessed movie and can make someone else possessed and feared as well.

With that said, I would never have seen this movie, even before I heard this.

Just getting my 2 cents it.
    I'm sorry, but that is ridiculous. The movie is not possessed, and no one will become possessed if they watch it. Besides, the *real* Emily Rose isn't even named Emily, and I highly doubt they would use actual recordings anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    I'm sorry, but that is ridiculous. The movie is not possessed, and no one will become possessed if they watch it. Besides, the *real* Emily Rose isn't even named Emily, and I highly doubt they would use actual recordings anyway.
    my thoughts exactly.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

I saw the previews to this and thought about going to see it. I was really bored by the Exorcist, though. I'm a big wuss when it comes to horror movies, too, so I'm assuming its because I'm Agnostic that it didn't have much of an effect on me. I might give Emily Rose a try, though.

Here's a link that tells the story of the real Emily Rose/aka Anneliese Michel. Pretty interesting stuff. Doesn't make the parents look so good, though.

http://www.horrorchannel.com/modules...rticle&sid=687

ETA:

Actually, this link is better

http://scifibrain.ign.com/index.php?...sk=view&id=762
    Last edited by Stargazer; 09-11-2005 at 11:49 PM.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by broken_pryncess
    it's more feasible to be possessed by a demon that killed by a serial killer? man, are you ever hanging out with the wrong crowd.
    Or perhaps, the right crowd? Both God and the devil are very real to many people. I prefer to stay away from things like this. To each his own.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

yeah, I'm also not one to believe this movie is possessed, whether they used actual recordings (which I doubt) or not.

Reviews I've heard haven't been that great. I think I'll wait for it to come out on video.

Quote Originally Posted by agamergirl
    Or perhaps, the right crowd? Both God and the devil are very real to many people. I prefer to stay away from things like this. To each his own.
    sorry - i really didn't mean to offend.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

You didn't. I didn't take it that way. And thanks.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    yeah, I'm also not one to believe this movie is possessed, whether they used actual recordings (which I doubt) or not.

Reviews I've heard haven't been that great. I think I'll wait for it to come out on video.
    Same with me. All I keep reading is how it's not even scary and most of the movie is the priest on trial. I think we may wait for dvd also.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast