+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Exorcism of Emily Rose 9/9

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    When I was a wee lass, The Exorcist was a forbidden movie for me to watch (age & strict Catholic). So, I watched it by myself on the sly. That can be documented as one of the worse things I've ever done.
    Well, I'll tell ya.. it really, REALLY disturbed me to the core. I mean, really bad. I was scared for years...couldn't sleep, became afraid of the dark, anything involving the devil/satan would put me in near coma, etc.
    The whole thought that the devil can take you over and possess you........simply horrified me. Still does.

So, Zaaam and I figured the best way to freak ourselves out is to see it on the big screen!!! We plan on seeing it ONLY on the big screen (added fear effect)!

Quote Originally Posted by Phonegrrrl
    I want to see this, but I'll probably wait for DVD b/c no one wants to go with me. Then I can watch it with the lights out at midnight and appropriately freak myself out.
    Come w/Zaaam & I!!!

We're going in hopes that it'll scare the bajeezes out of us.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    When I was a wee lass, The Exorcist was a forbidden movie for me to watch (age & strict Catholic).
    I though I was the only one! I remember my mom calling my friends mom at a slumber party, and forbidding her to let me watch it while all of my other friends were. . I still haven't seen the original Excorcist .

Something about this one seems interesting though, maybe that it was an actually event. Does any oldies remember heaing about the original event in the news? Does anyone have links to information about the real Emily Rose?

Hehe I can identify with many of you all. Being a very devout Catholic I've always been a bit hesitant when it came to movies or documentaries regarding exorcism. I've seen The Exorcist a couple of times already, because luckily I got over all of it's scariness... in fact most of the movie I find amusing and funny even haha.

However this new Emily Rose movie is creeping the bejeebers outta me! Eventually I'm going to see it, and maybe, like with The Exorcist, I might even come to watch it numerous times in the future haha.

However, it's funny how when it comes to religion, the Christian/Catholic religion particularly and it's anti-reason, Demonism (etc, etc), people always seem to be a lot more affected or traumatized. I guess it stems from the fact that people, despite what they believe, have an inkling that of all horror-type scenarios that can happen in real life, a story regarding religion and exorcism is something that's somewhat realistic.

Anyway, don't mean to get all philisophical on everyone! Anyway, enjoy the movie to those that are brave enough to attempt the big screen experience haha!
    "How do you feel about marriage and commitment?" - Britney Spears
    "I feel that...I feel that love is love...love has...I don't believe in marriage. I believe you can get married." - Kevin Federline

Huh? I think I just got stupider...
    Please do your part to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina: DONATE!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I never got into the horror genre until I college, when I had a friend who was obsessed with horror movies. So, one night in the dorm (at our Jesuit college) we watched the Exorsist. I thought that most of it was hilarious. I think it was the everyday overexposure to Jesuit priests that put it in the 'funny' category for us. We knew some that were scarier than any possessed Linda Blair.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Come w/Zaaam & I!!!
    I'll bring the snowcaps!

*jumps in the car to meet up at the movie theater*

I'm not Catholic but I'm not going to see it. I haven't seen the Exorcist, either. I stay away from things involving the devil. R0guish kind of explained it well. I love horror movies, though. It's hard to explain but something like this is more feasible than, say, being attacked by zombies or even a serial killer.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

Quote Originally Posted by bhanson
    Something about this one seems interesting though, maybe that it was an actually event. Does any oldies remember heaing about the original event in the news? Does anyone have links to information about the real Emily Rose?
    http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_1253.html

There you go.
    Gustav Holst was right!

I will talk about religion regarding this movie, but if it is inappropriate, feel free to remove it.

Yesterday, I went to church and we had a long discussion about this movie. It's based on a true story, where Emily Rose, a 19year old girl, was demon-possessed.

The soundtrack / audio track for this movie is the REAL THING. That means that the sounds of some background voices / ghost voices was the real Emily Rose when she was demon possessed. So what you're hearing is basically a recording of a demon possessed girl. Which in turn, makes it a demon possessed movie.

Our youth group had a whole discussion of this movie, wheater or not to see it (meaning on our own time, not as a group) and it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED not to see it, as it is a possessed movie and can make someone else possessed and feared as well.

With that said, I would never have seen this movie, even before I heard this.

Just getting my 2 cents it.

Quote Originally Posted by agamergirl
    It's hard to explain but something like this is more feasible than, say, being attacked by zombies or even a serial killer.
    it's more feasible to be possessed by a demon that killed by a serial killer? man, are you ever hanging out with the wrong crowd.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl
    I want to see this, but I'll probably wait for DVD b/c no one wants to go with me. Then I can watch it with the lights out at midnight and appropriately freak myself out.
    on this post!

I can't even watch the commercial if I'm alone!!

My daughter went to see it with her boyfriend the other night and there were no seats left. I was so glad she didn't see it (she shouldn't watch scary movies ever)

She's my favorite little reviewer so I was curious if she'd like it. One of my girlfriends and I are suppose to go see it Tuesday night. I'll right my review which I know you'll all just be dying to read (right)

I love scary movies and regret seeing them after. hope it's good.

I won't read anymore in this thread in case there are spoilers.
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

Quote Originally Posted by AntmSTarTa
    I will talk about religion regarding this movie, but if it is inappropriate, feel free to remove it.

Yesterday, I went to church and we had a long discussion about this movie. It's based on a true story, where Emily Rose, a 19year old girl, was demon-possessed.

The soundtrack / audio track for this movie is the REAL THING. That means that the sounds of some background voices / ghost voices was the real Emily Rose when she was demon possessed. So what you're hearing is basically a recording of a demon possessed girl. Which in turn, makes it a demon possessed movie.

Our youth group had a whole discussion of this movie, wheater or not to see it (meaning on our own time, not as a group) and it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED not to see it, as it is a possessed movie and can make someone else possessed and feared as well.

With that said, I would never have seen this movie, even before I heard this.

Just getting my 2 cents it.
    This post really freaked me out so much, that I called up my boyfriend and told him that we're NOT gonna go see it. He just laughed when I told him my reasoning, and got upset with me. So now I'm gonna tough it out and go see it with him... the things you do for love

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast