+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A League of Their Own

A League of Their Own

I love this movie. I think it is soooo good and should have its own thread. LOL

I wanted to bring this up and see what you guys think. Me and my friends were talking about a Leauger of their own and were debating on the following subject.
    I think at the end Kit finally beats her sister Dotty, and Dotty drops the ball.
    My friends think Dotty dropped the ball on purpose, so Kit would win.

I was like no, that a hit in kits face to do that. DOnt you agree?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I've always thought that Dottie dropped the ball on purpose...JMO, of course!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

That movie is on cable all the time and I almost always watch it. I even looked up the website for the real women's baseball teams once. It was fascinating to see their pictures and read about them. It's just such a heartwarming story.

I'm guessing that she did it on purpose.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

no way bbnbama, now say I'm right. LOL

Dottie did not. That movie would have had 1 star if she dropped it on purpose. That would have been a slap in Kit's face. Kit wanted it more, and beat Dottie fair and square.

I think you are never sopposed to know if she did it on purpose or not.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

My opinion is she dropped it on purpose. She saw Kit freaking out in the dug out and knew that what Kit had said to her was right. All their lives, Kit was following in Dottie's shadow and never could quite live up to the popularity of her sister. We all saw all the amazing catches Dottie made including one other one at home plate very similiar to the last one. If she really wanted to, she could've held on to that ball. She wanted Kit to have her moment in the sun.
    That's my opinion.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

"Theres no crying in BASEBALL!" - one of my Favorite movie lines.
    I think she did it on purpose, but did it in such a way that Kit would never know.
    That is one of the best parts of the movie - the viewer practically gets to choose in their minds how it is suppose to be. Much like Stargazer - I too watch this movie every time I see that it is playing. Hmmmm- think I will hit the video store and buy myself a copy.

I am also a fan of this movie...and it has been on HBO or Cinemax or Starz a lot lately. I don't think she dropped it on purpose, and I think its pretty clear that she didn't. Why would she purposely drop the ball when Kit came home when previously Dottie went out to the mound to tell the pitcher to throw high pitches, which Kit can't lay off of? She wanted to win that game badly too, just not as much as Kit wanted to.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Thanks mrbodlina, exactly Dottie told Beverly to do high fast balls, she didnt want Kit to even hit the ball. Dottie did not drop it on purpose

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast