Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Aniston speaks about breakup

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Jennifer Aniston speaks about breakup

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,164458,00.html

Aniston Speaks Out on Brad Break-Up
    Tuesday, August 02, 2005
    By Bill Hoffmann

Jennifer Aniston (search) confesses she still loves her estranged hubby, Brad Pitt (search) -- but was "shocked" and "hurt" to see intimate photos of the Hollywood hunk cozying up with his new love interest, Angelina Jolie (search).

"The world was shocked, and I was shocked," Aniston, 36, tells the September issue of Vanity Fair in her first interview since the split.

"I'd be a robot if I said I didn't feel moments of anger, of hurt, of embarrassment."

The sexy "Friends" star was delivered an emotional sucker-punch when soon after she and Pitt, 41, separated, photos surfaced showing him vacationing with Jolie, 30, and her young son.

"I can't say it was one of the highlights of my year," she says.

"Who would deal with that and say, 'Isn't that sweet! That looks like fun?' But s--- happens. You joke and say, 'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.'" Things got worse when Pitt and Jolie posed for a huge W magazine spread that presented them as a man and wife with a family -- a move that was like rubbing their rumored affair in her face.

"There's a sensitivity chip that's missing [from Pitt]," she says. "Is it odd timing. Yeah, but it's not my life. He makes his choices. He can do -- whatever. We're [soon to be] divorced and you can see why."

And she boils at reports that he wanted kids and she didn't.

"That really pissed me off. I've never in my life said I didn't want kids. I did and I do and I will. I want to have it all."

But despite her despair, Aniston, confesses, "I love Brad. I really love him. I will love him for the rest of my life. He's a fantastic man." Friends of the star tell the mag Pitt checked out of the marriage as soon as he met Jolie on the set of "Mr. & Mrs. Smith," leaving Aniston in the lurch.

"Am I lonely? Yes. Am I upset? Yes. Do I have my days when I've thrown a little pity party for myself? Absolutely," Aniston says, adding that she's been in therapy to deal with her mental gremlins.

As they were breaking up, Pitt insisted to her that Jolie wasn't the cause of his marital discontent -- but now Aniston isn't so sure.

"I just don't know what happened. There's a lot I don't understand, a lot I don't know, and probably never will know, really," she says. Does she buy Pitt's claim that he didn't cheat on her before they separated?

"I choose to believe my husband," she says. "At this point, I wouldn't be surprised by anything, but I would much rather choose to believe him."

Aniston says she met Jolie only once, when the pouty-lipped Oscar winner visited the set of "Friends."

"I said, 'Brad is so excited about working with you. I hope you guys have a really good time,'" Aniston recalls. Soon after that, Pitt became emotionally distant, particularly when she needed support as her long-running sitcom came to an end.

"He just wasn't there for me," she tells the mag. Interviewer Leslie Bennetts says when she asked Aniston about the red-hot rumor that Jolie is pregnant with Pitt's child, "she looks as if I stabbed her in the heart. Several long minutes go by as the tears keep rolling down her cheeks."

But Aniston insists there is life after Brad.

"There's an amazing man that's wandering the streets right now who's the father of my children. In five years, I would hope to be married and have a kid," she says.

And she's not above taking a shot at her lost love -- especially his recent blond dye job.

"Billy Idol called -- he wants his look back," she quipped.
    -------------------------

I like Jennifer. I hope she heals and moves on and finds herself some happiness. This cracked me up:

"Billy Idol called -- he wants his look back," she quipped.

Interviewer Leslie Bennetts says when she asked Aniston about the red-hot rumor that Jolie is pregnant with Pitt's child, "she looks as if I stabbed her in the heart. Several long minutes go by as the tears keep rolling down her cheeks."
    Whoa. Way to show some sensitivity, there Leslie. Good grief.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Interviewer Leslie Bennetts says when she asked Aniston about the red-hot rumor that Jolie is pregnant with Pitt's child, "she looks as if I stabbed her in the heart. Several long minutes go by as the tears keep rolling down her cheeks."
    Duh! The interviewer is such a bitch!
    I like both Jolie and Jen but I have to say I feel really sorry for Jen. I think she is so down to earth and kind.

Kao
    I feel bad for that poor woman. Here's hoping she finds someone a little more worthy of her next time. She's right. Brad IS missing a sensitivity gene, and Angelina is shaping up for the Skank Ass Liar award for the year (last year's winner was Britttany). Granted, nobody can steal anyone's man, but Brad could have at least been more undercover about it. Now, even if his relationship with Jolie really got intimate after his separation, there's no way in hell anyone would believe it.

And yeah, the interviewer was a skank for even asking Jennifer that question.

They have millions and millions and millions of dollars to comfort themselves in their lost.

Besides, Brad was always prettier than Jennifer, and that never works. He's now with the only woman in the world prettier than him. Perfect.

Kao
    As much as us broke people would like to think differently, money doesn't make you feel better when you've been humiliated worldwide by a moron of a husband and a chick that didn't meet a co star she didn't like (Julia Roberts Syndrome).

I feel so sad for Jen! I really liked her with Brad. I honestly thought they would be the only Hollywood couple that would really last. But oh well, I hope she feels better and is doing well...What he did to her was awful! I refuse to see Mr. and Mrs. Smith! ANd I will see EVERYONE of Jen's new movies...Got to support my Friends cast!

And tonight she's going to scream your name from the highest rooftop
    Because for the first time in her life, she's not afraid to fall in love

Why is she just coming out with this now? I was sooo happy that they finally stopped talking about it and now they are gonna go on about it for another month. I'm so sick of seeing those three on the cover of every magizene and hearing about them on the news. It's always funny to me how a break up pushes people to "it" status.

Quote Originally Posted by il2az7
    I feel so sad for Jen! I really liked her with Brad. I honestly thought they would be the only Hollywood couple that would really last.
    I did too, actually. Who knew he'd turn out to be such an ass...Jen's a beautiful woman (inside and out), I'm sure she'll find someone worthy of her time.

I never thought Brad was all that anyway. I'm looking forward to the day Angelina drops his sorry ass for her next co-star.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd
    I did too, actually. Who knew he'd turn out to be such an ass...Jen's a beautiful woman (inside and out), I'm sure she'll find someone worthy of her time.

I never thought Brad was all that anyway. I'm looking forward to the day Angelina drops his sorry ass for her next co-star.
    Oh Brad is all that and a bag a chips! However, he seems to be a total jerk. However, there are always two sides to a story. You never know what was going on in their marriage. She never seemed to be really "into" Brad in my opinion. She showed more feelings towards her Friends co-stars from what I could tell. However, that could be because Pitt is a total jerk. You never know. He was WRONG (I mean big time) to rub it in her face like that and that is EXACTLY what he did. Especially with the magazine spread because I read that it was ALL his idea!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast