+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sky High - 07/29/05

Sky High - 07/29/05

from rottentomatoes.com

Sky High

Theatrical Release Date: Jul 29, 2005 (Wide)

Cast & Crew:
    Kelly Preston, Lynda Carter, Michael Angarano, Bruce Campbell, Kurt Russell directed by Mike Mitchell

Synopsis:
    When you're the son of the world's most legendary superheroes The Commander (KURT RUSSELL) and Jetstream (KELLY PRESTON), there is only one school for you - SKY HIGH, an elite high school that is entrusted with the responsibility of molding today's power-gifted students into tomorrow's superheroes. The problem is that Will Stronghold (MICHAEL ANGARANO) is starting with no superpowers of his own and, worst of all, instead of joining the ranks of the "Hero" class, he finds himself relegated to being a "Sidekick."

MPAA Rating: PG - for action violence and some mild language

Release Company: Buena Vista Pictures

Genre: Action/Adventure, Action

Oh yeah, one of my friends was right, I did enjoy it more than I enjoyed Fantastic Four. Sure, Sky High is predictable (only about 15 minutes of the movie had passed when I figured out who was the villain), and it's pretty simple, but it's just so much fun. It's got a fast pace, colorful characters and scenarios, and a straight-forward yet pleasing storyline. The characters themselves are very adequate, you like the good kids, you wanna smack the bad kids, and other characters end up quite memorable, especially Warren (the kid with fire powers), who has charisma up the wazoo, and Lynda Carter, whom despite her short appearance, she shines every second she's onscreen. Now that's presence! Funny enough, Bruce Campbell's role in the movie wasn't all that. His first appearance was quite fun, but afterwards he really toned it down. The powers display is very cool, and while the action scenes are not many, they're quite enjoyable and fun (look for the "Save the Civilian" bit, fun stuff).

Overall, it was a very enjoyable movie that gave me everything I wanted in cool characters, a fast pace and an all-around feel of fun times to it. I reccomend it to anybody. Go see it! ^_^

+ Reply to Thread