+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Updated Poseidon Adventure set for Summer 2006 release

Chip and Reichen#1 chipnreichenfan's Avatar

Poseiden

Hi all, just saw Poseiden and thought it was pretty good. I never saw the original so cannot really compare the 2 . Josh Lucas is pretty hot too .
    The greatest gift is to love and to be loved in return..The Moulin Rouge

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I saw it today and i liked it as well, Fergie looked very pretty and im now a fan of Josh Lucas.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I've been wanting to see this new version...I loved the old movie...I even have it on DVD. Its got some pretty good actors in it-Josh Lucas is pretty cute but I think Kurt Russell is hotter! (Lucky Goldie!). Jacinda Barrett is in this (I remember her from Real World London) and its also got Emmy Rossum from Phantom of the Opera and Day after Tomorrow, Andre Braugher from Homicide and City of Angels (he's a awesome actor), Richard Dreyfuss.........I gotta get to the theater and see this one!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I'm not going to see this one.

I remember the original and how I was traumatized by it when I was little. I've always "known" that I drowned in another life and don't want to be reminded of it. Shelley Winters was amazing and I know they are not duplicating the movie. It will be updated and a bit different, but I don't want to be afraid of going on a cruise ship which is what would happen.

OK, I'm just a real WUSS!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

"Amish In The City" JonasIsTheMan's Avatar
    I think I'll wait until it comes out on DVD.
    "After all the backstabbing they've done, those PANSIES can't handle backstabbing themselves." - Jonas P. Kurtz

saw it and my advice is to wait for the DVD

We saw this yesterday and I thought it was really good. Action packed and very exciting. I saw a "making of" on HBO and the actors actually performed most of their own stunts including the swimming involved. I enjoyed it. I really liked the original Poseidon Adventure but this was a pretty updated version with a different script and plot.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I'm not going to see this one.

I remember the original and how I was traumatized by it when I was little. I've always "known" that I drowned in another life and don't want to be reminded of it. Shelley Winters was amazing and I know they are not duplicating the movie. It will be updated and a bit different, but I don't want to be afraid of going on a cruise ship which is what would happen.

OK, I'm just a real WUSS!
    While I was on my cruise last week, we had CNN on and they showed a promo commercial for this movie. I thought it was kind of sick to show that while we were on a ship. I thought more than once that I'd never find my way out. It took me half the trip to find my cabin, I was always lost.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I watched this last weekend and I must say that it was better than I expected. I have never seen the original (but now I want to) but it felt like it hadn't lost any charm like remakes usually do. I was surprised for the better.

And terrified as hell, one of my worst nightmares is being caught underwater with air so that I am aware of what's happening. When that wave hit the ship I was scared out of my mind.

And now for the spoilers
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I thought it was quite obvious that Kurt Russell's character would die. And of course it was obvious that not everyone would make it, but when Kurt Russell said that Chris should dive it was so obvious that he would do it himself

FORT Fogey
    i saw it today on dvd. ouf!! i was on the edge of my seat the whole time. i am never taking a ship

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123