+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ben & Jen get married

CCL

Ben & Jen get married

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Hollywood couple Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner, who battled each other on screen in the action film "Daredevil," have married and are expecting their first child, their publicists said on Thursday.

No further details were provided, but Us Weekly magazine reported that the couple tied the knot on Wednesday at the Parot Cay resort in the Caribbean islands of Turks and Caicos, and that their baby is due this fall.

Affleck, 32, celebrated his last days as a single man with a bachelor party on Friday while Garner, 33, finished shooting her upcoming movie, "Catch and Release," in Vancouver, the magazine said.

Among the guests at the wedding, according to Us Weekly, was actor Victor Garber, who is Garner's co-star on the ABC television drama "Alias."

Affleck and Garner first worked together on the 2001 film "Pearl Harbor" and co-starred in the 2003 film based on the Marvel comics superhero "Daredevil," leading to Garner's big-screen spinoff role in this year's "Elektra."

The couple were widely reported to have begun dating last year, months after Affleck and former girlfriend Jennifer Lopez called off their highly publicized engagement.

By contrast, Affleck and Garner have maintained a low profile to their relationship, with their representatives steadfastly refusing to acknowledge reports that they had become engaged or were expecting a baby.

Garner filed for divorce from her first husband, actor Scott Foley, in 2003, after 2 1/2 years of marriage.
    Reuters
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Didn't we already know this?
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl
    Didn't we already know this?
    Yes, but apparently, we're not supposed to know until they are ready to tell us!

Ben Affleck is okay, but she has definitely traded down from Scott Foley and Michael Vartan.

Anyone want to give odds on how long this one will last?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL
    I didn't know, geekthegirl, before I saw the article online. Guess you're more up to the minute than I am.

Are we establishing a Fort betting pool, Critical? So mean.

Scott Foley is lovely.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Leo
    Premium Member
    I don't know... but they might surprise us with this one. This is in many ways to exact opposite of both Katie and Tom and Bennifer. This has not been in the public eye much, so this doesn't seem like a publicity ploy... this could be the rare Hollywood relationship that lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    I didn't know, geekthegirl, before I saw the article online. Guess you're more up to the minute than I am.
    I read some tabloid (at the hairdresser's, of course ) that claimed they were already married, and her pregancy has been thoroughly discussed as well.

Choosing Ben Affleck over Michael Vartan should be a crime. In fact, I'm pretty sure it is a crime
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

I hope this works out for them.
    I like Ben Affleck, Iagree with gtg, he's no Michael Vartan, but he seems like a ncie guy and the whole Bennifer thing just didn't seem to be him at all.
    This has been far more low key.
    I hope they'll be very happy.

She could have done a lot better.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I actually see this one working out...I like how they've kept a low profile for themselves.......Best of luck to both of them and the little Red Soxer!!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread